Genesis 1000 Redhead Cover

CBarton

I'm restoring my 1993 Genesis 1000 Redhead and am looking for a cover to protect it:redgenesis1: when the project is completed.
Does anyone know of a source for a cover or maybe a substitute that would fit my Redhead ?
Thanks

I use the Classic Accessories Ravenna cover from Amazon. Get the smaller one if you go that route. Mine still fits a little big, but it's a nice cover for the price.

Thanks Dustin for your input. I received an email from Weber that told me the Weber 7106 cover works on the Genesis 1000. I purchased it and does fit pretty well and it does have the Weber logo on it.
I have completed my refurb and hope to get some pics on in the next few days. :redgenesis1:

Definitely post pictures. I have my 1993 Redhead almost done as well. I should have it completed by the end of this week or early next week. Since we both have the exact same grill (year included), it will interesting to see how they compare.

The Weber 7106 cover is on amazon for 45 compared to 60 at HD. I see a lot of complaints about the quality of it? Just wondering if it's worth the money?

ErikMn. It does seem a little thin although that makes it easier to put on and take off. I wanted one with a Weber logo so I don't think I had a lot of choice. I'll let you know in a few years how it holds up.

7106 Cover

Will the 7106 cover fit an older Genesis Silver B or a Genesis 1000?

Bruce, yes the 7106 cover does fit the Genesis 1000. Got that information from Weber customer service. I bought one through Amazon for about $48 and had it in two days. (Gotta love Amazon Prime)
Chuck :redgenesis1:

Bruce since you asked here are some photos. A before pic, one with it almost completely disassembled, one of the wood work while in progress, a finished project and just because a pic of the original owners manual.

OC28pJn.jpg
[/IMG]
2gbdwdM.jpg
[/IMG]
BtHVluF.jpg

GSyoycx.jpg
[/IMG]
SDlUFMR.jpg

I'm glad to know others out there restore grills. My friend called me a "grill nerd" on facebook after posting a picture of my grill. I'm just taking it as a compliment.

Back