New BBQ Tumbler

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I gave this a whirl.

VeOR8VO.jpg

4WTD4nN.jpg

Over cooked the Brussels sprouts a little bit, 1st try.

Last edited:
Looks like fun. Should work well for lots of food items.

fwiw - you may have issues roasting Anaheims & other long/large chilies. The rod going through the basket will not let the chilies "tumble" as necessary.

Thanks Robert

I bought a cheep tumbler and my chicken was laying on the coals in the first 15 minutes....

I agree Robert, I have plans to make this great tumbler a lot better.

Gear head.

This is what I ended up with after several revision to my home made roaster:

PICT5272_zpsatxsfux1.jpg

If I had more room between the spit & the burners, I'd increase the diameter of the roaster. It would make for better tumbling.

PICT5268_zpsjoywmkdl.jpg

However... there is only so much you can do when using a gasser. I didn't want to make a burner & stand for the roaster, preferring the convenience of using the gas grill.
The grill in the photo had a rotisserie burner & I think that helped a lot when roasting chilies. I've since gotten rid of it - replaced with a Genesis 330 (no rotisserie burner).
I'm in the process (half-assed, so far) of setting up a rotisserie on it & am wondering how well it will perform. I'm thinking an older Weber grill with the East-West burner layout might be better.

That is most certainly an interesting spinner. Looking forward to more cooks out of it

Thanks again Robert, I tried the roaster on my East-West burner gasser, but liked the way it fit on my Performer with the Cajun Bandit roti setup.
I plan on cutting a roti rod and bolting it to the tumbler using the slide nuts and some washers.

Thanks ChuckO

Back