Roadside Chicken and Fresh Corn

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
For my last cook before returning home today I did some Roadside Chicken. It's been a while and sounded really good to me and my wife. Picked up some nice looking corn and rounded things off with some Basmati Rice I picked up at Whole Foods. Here goes.

Marinated the chicken for around 5 hours.

enhance

Prepped the corn for later this evening. Butter and SPOG.

enhance

Now for the fun part.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for looking!

Rusty,

This recipe is famous. Once you try it you will be hooked.
I like to do it with chicken wings - try that and you will have the best wings ever.
Ray

So I'm going to attempt my first batch of RSC this weekend, and I have a quick question. I typically do not buy spices w/salt already in them. I see one of the ingredients is celery salt. Can I use celery seed, and if so, how much would you recommend I use? Also, would I need to up the kosher salt to make up for the celery salt?

Thanks for your insights. Have a great weekend!

Bud

Looks great Cliff, as usual. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm going to have to give this a try someday.

I see one of the ingredients is celery salt. Can I use celery seed, and if so, how much would you recommend I use? Also, would I need to up the kosher salt to make up for the celery seed.

Bud

Bud.. I sure don't see why not. I was curious as to the best substitute for celery salt and found the article in this link. It suggests making your own using celery powder and whatever ratio of salt suits your taste.

https://www.spiceography.com/celery-salt-substitute/

As always, another amazing cook from Cliff. And the Giants won, I'm starting to see a connection here....

for the first time Im seeing mthis from my computer instead of my phone. trying to learn how to copy & paste. the pictures are huge. Love it. Maybe I;lkl figure it out. Typing sure is easier again chicken looks great

Back