This Just In

Dan C. FL

TVWBB Pro
My Publix had Tri Tip again!!!! I got there and they had one cryovac package of 3 in back! I got 2!!!! Good eating this weekend in the Florida Panhandle!!!!:cool:

I guess we are lucky to have our smart and final stores here in calif. They seem to always have packers of ribs and briskets.

I don't think I've ever seen Tri-Tip. I'll bet Bigfoot gets there before I do (never seen him either).

I hadn't seen it in the first 41 years and 10.5 months of my life. In the last month, I've seen it three times. Hope you get to experience it soon.

Publix is very service oriented. I bet they'd order tri-tip for you if you asked.

Funny story. One of the Publix I used to frequent had a rather elderly lady working as a bagger. I always felt like my grandmother was asking if I needed help with my groceries when she bagged my order. So one day I'm leaving the store and here's this little old lady who looks about 85 pushing two dozen carts in from the parking lot. And right behind her is a 16-year-old bagger who's driving back in one of the motorized shopping carts. I couldn't help thinking there was something seriously wrong with this picture.

Smart & Final is a cross between a warehouse store and a commercial restaurant supply place. You can get Cambros and pizza pans and all kinds of cooking utensils, and also packer cuts of various meats and all kinds of other groceries. They're open to the public. The only ones I've seen have been in southern California.

Thanks, but I've never seen a Publix or a Smart & Final either. Hmmm...
Go to Disneyworld. Publix is just about the only grocery store chain in Orlando. Everyone else has closed up and moved away.

Go to Disneyland. Head east on Katella. You should find a Smart & Final just before Tustin Blvd.

Hmmm... Disneyworld... Disneyland... Nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Smart and final in southern ca and cash and carry in northern ca. Kind of a wholesaler for restaurants but open to the public. Tri tips are just about in every store. I normally get mine at an asian/mexican store here. They have trimmed and untrimmed. I always get the untrimmed for the extra fat left on. It's now in the mid 3.00 range.

Back