Join me at Ceres Bands, Brews & BBQ Throwdown, Ceres CA Aug 11-12

Here are some pics I took yesterday at the Ceres Bands, Brews & BBQ Throwdown in Ceres, CA. Neat downtown venue, the Chamber of Commerce reps said we can look forward to an even better event next year when the downtown make-over is complete. But it was pretty nice even as-is, a grassy town square with teams and vendors interspersed down several streets and around the square, with a band in the middle and beer & food vendors around the perimeter. It was H-O-T but folks in the Central Valley take it in stride, thank goodness for some shady trees and a decent breeze.

Congrats to the Chamber for organizing such a nice event, it's been going on for quite a few years but this is the first year it's been elevated to a standard KCBS 4-meat contest, and I'm pleased to have been accepted to judge the event! Also, a big thanks to the Masons Smyrna Lodge 532 for donating the meeting room for judging. Can't tell you how much judges appreciate air conditioning and flush toilets! :D

Here are some of my photos. You can see more photos in this FB post from the Chamber: https://www.facebook.com/events/126...k/1327278190704828/?ref=1&action_history=null

kBMUuZb.jpg

d6iCTp7.jpg

Notice the refrigerator smoker in this photo.

zGZ7gsK.jpg

vhArmyo.jpg

OkXvyjs.jpg

nsMXOrA.jpg

A few breakfast sausages thrown on the grill...gotta keep the team's energy level up!

Ddt4Pd1.jpg

I like the look on this pig's face!

Continued...

BgWLK5N.jpg

Big Poppa Smoker's mobile kitchen and man cave. Congrats to them for taking GC in Ceres, and to Cynical BBQ for taking RGC! Craig, I told you I'm a good luck charm! :D

EE6e3uF.jpg

dQaRFlE.jpg

Beb2Ls6.jpg

0jDZFY9.jpg

Judges begin to gather in the downstairs meeting room at the Masons Lodge. Thanks Masons for donating the space, because judges like air conditioning and flush toilets!

lNsXu2c.jpg

Doing my best Vanna White impression!

Sounds and looks like a great event went down in Ceres
... Ceres is a nice little town. Any idea about what company made the trophy's?

Back