Today's cooking tip

Larry D.

TVWBB Emerald Member
If you spill a cup of granulated garlic, do not automatically grab the vacuum cleaner to clean it up (unless you want your kitchen to have that authentic pizzeria aroma for, oh, the next month or so).

Also, if you spill your beer, don't use your shop vac to clean it up unless every time you use your shop vac, you'll get thirsty....

If you do spill your beer don't let the dog lick it up because 10 minuets later you'll be cleaning up beer smelling dog barf.

If you do spill your beer don't let the dog lick it up because 10 minuets later you'll be cleaning up beer smelling dog barf.
Same rule for cats. Also if you drink beer from a glass, don't leave it unattended if you have cats. They dip their paw into your unattended beer and then lick it off their paw, and yes they double dip. Now picture this: Cats use their paws to bury their poop....

Same rule for cats. Also if you drink beer from a glass, don't leave it unattended if you have cats. They dip their paw into your unattended beer and then lick it off their paw, and yes they double dip. Now picture this: Cats use their paws to bury their poop....
Don't own cats, problem solved. :)

Don't own cats, problem solved. :)
Oh how I long for those days...About 10 years ago we somehow got involved in cat rescue, and my life has never been normal since. Our most recent project acquired this past Monday

A8381C9E-F4C2-4B81-BF46-5AA7F1F873DE_zpsykvjn7vd.jpg

For the next 8 or so weeks, these will be in our care (mostly my wife & daughter's care) I will admit there are some rewards to raising them until they can go to a new home. We only have one that we never successfully got rid of, his name is Chili. He went to a new home when he was 12 weeks old and before he was six months old, the pound called (he was chipped) saying he was dropped off. I went and got him, and he's been our "cat" for the last five years. He's well known, I don't think there's anyone he hasn't bitten. The firemen who came to our fence fire, know him well (the fire station is behind our house) He will laydown right in front of the truck when they need to leave, and no fireman wants to move him. In fact while they (the firemen) were at my house for the fence deal...The Captain introduced me to his crew as "Chili's dad." And all I got from them was a "really" stare from them. Some cats are just jerks, LOL

Oh how I long for those days...About 10 years ago we somehow got involved in cat rescue, and my life has never been normal since. Our most recent project acquired this past Monday

A8381C9E-F4C2-4B81-BF46-5AA7F1F873DE_zpsykvjn7vd.jpg

For the next 8 or so weeks, these will be in our care (mostly my wife & daughter's care) I will admit there are some rewards to raising them until they can go to a new home. We only have one that we never successfully got rid of, his name is Chili. He went to a new home when he was 12 weeks old and before he was six months old, the pound called (he was chipped) saying he was dropped off. I went and got him, and he's been our "cat" for the last five years. He's well known, I don't think there's anyone he hasn't bitten. The firemen who came to our fence fire, know him well (the fire station is behind our house) He will laydown right in front of the truck when they need to leave, and no fireman wants to move him. In fact while they (the firemen) were at my house for the fence deal...The Captain introduced me to his crew as "Chili's dad." And all I got from them was a "really" stare from them. Some cats are just jerks, LOL

Barb and I are into dog rescue but not cats. We're lucky because if we had cats Whitney would eat em, she hates cats, so no cats. But we due applaud you and your family for helping find homes for those kitty's.

Another one to add for the Tex-Mex wannabes among us:

Toasting dried spicy peppers brings-out their flavor - HOWEVER:

Be careful, there is a difference between toasting them and burning them - if you burn 'em, DO NOT INHALE THE SMOKE (even if it's just a little whisp...)

Back