Center Cut Pork Loin Chops

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Sure is nice to be close to a nice butcher shop for a change. The place here had some wonderful bone in, center cut pork loin chops on sale. Picked a few up and set out two for this cook and will freeze and take home the others. I've been wanting to try one of the Stubb's Marinades so I went with that and sided things up with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.

Went with the Chili, Lime and Ginger Marinade.

enhance

Got the potatoes on first as they need at least an hour.

enhance

Left in marinade about three hours. Then got them going.

enhance

Somewhere around 3 minutes a side. Threw on some asparagus too.

enhance

Off the heat and brought up to around 140 IT

enhance

Potatoes crisped up nicely.

enhance

Chops done.

enhance

Plated 'er up!

enhance

The chops were great. Moist and very nice flavor and picked up the pleasant flavor of the Stubb's Marinade. Fun cook. Weekend almost here.

Last edited:
Looks outstanding, except for the fact that there's only one chop on that plate. :D

That plated picture screams! How do you get your seasoning to stick to your tater like that? I olive oil my BBQ taters and I can never get the seasoning to stick like that

Excellent cook Cliff, Got to try some of the Stubbs marinades we like their BBQ sauce, that is If I don't have any #5 made up at the time.

Nice cook! Usually the CC loin chops I find are boneless and trimmed to death...what a difference a little bit of fat and bone makes!

Back