Cooking grates for a Genesis 1000 3 burner

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Will cooking grates that fit a Genesis Silver B three burner fit a Genesis 1000 three burner?

Thanks, Jeff, I was pretty sure they would. I just wish I didn't need 13 flavo bars on my 1000 vs the 5 for the Silver B. I would love to get some RCPlanebuyer grates and bars, but I can't afford that and that many flavo bars will really get expensive.

Is there any reason a guy couldn't just leave out the 8 vertical bars and use just the 5 horizontal ones like a regular Silver B?

Bruce, the 5-pack of rcplanebuyer FBs are $58.75 after shipping (at least to my neck of the woods from CA) whereas the 13-pack is $73 with shipping. Is the extra ~$14 really going to be a deal-breaker?

You could ask him to make the same bars as for a B or C and simple make them long enough to fit the cook box of the 1000. Years ago I had that idea and my dad took it to a friend of his that fabricated stainless steel. He made a few sets for us (us only) from 304 heavy gauge SS. So the grill I gave to son in law and my the one my dad has are the only 2 in existence to use a 5 bar set up. They work great I might ad

Rcplanebuyer makes a set of Flavorizer bar for the 2000-2001 Weber Gold series grills which are different that all other Weber Genesis models. They only made this unusual style for two years. I almost purchased one of these grills last week.

While there are only 5 bars used on this specific model they are 3" in height compared the the normal 1 3/8" height of the 1000-5000 series bars so if you did want to remove the 8 small bars you could still maintain the correct height of the two bar setup.

They are a tick shorter at 23 5/16" vs the 23 3/8" of the 1000-5000 models but that should pose no problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Stain...%3A621bddcd15d0a8668110dc5bfff3166a%7Ciid%3A1

Jeff

Bruce,
Wanted to also mention that e-bay has coupons several times a year with two being in the last month.
I used their 20% off coupon to order rcplanebuyer's 13 Flavorizer Bar setup 9814/7538. $58.36 was the total shipped to me here in Mass.

I will drop you a PM when the next one comes around as they typically only last one day.

Jeff

2000-2001 Genesis Gold for reference:

Y7BDhJC.jpg

Jeff

Bruce, the 5-pack of rcplanebuyer FBs are $58.75 after shipping (at least to my neck of the woods from CA) whereas the 13-pack is $73 with shipping. Is the extra ~$14 really going to be a deal-breaker?

OK, that sounds reasonable. $73 shipped sounds reasonable. I thought it would be more for the RCPlanebuyer bars.

You could ask him to make the same bars as for a B or C and simple make them long enough to fit the cook box of the 1000. Years ago I had that idea and my dad took it to a friend of his that fabricated stainless steel. He made a few sets for us (us only) from 304 heavy gauge SS. So the grill I gave to son in law and my the one my dad has are the only 2 in existence to use a 5 bar set up. They work great I might ad

I like that idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work with just the 5 bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruce,
Wanted to also mention that e-bay has coupons several times a year with two being in the last month.
I used their 20% off coupon to order rcplanebuyer's 13 Flavorizer Bar setup 9814/7538. $58.36 was the total shipped to me here in Mass.

I will drop you a PM when the next one comes around as they typically only last one day.

Jeff

Jeff, please do let me know about that. I didn't realize they did that on Ebay.

Last edited:
I've got mixed feelings about that. Does rcplanebuyer lose the twenty per cent, or does ebay do the discount?

I like rcplanebuyer's stuff, so I'd feel badly if he were coming up short on already very fair prices for most superior products.

Just my two cents ...

THyde,
The seller gets the full amount. It's a Paypal payment only coupon so they take the hit.

Jeff

Talk to RC directly outside of Ebay and you might be able to get a bit of a discount. Wouldn't hurt to mention that you are a repeat customer (if that's truly the case). Also, he might be able to squeeze bars and grates into a single box to save a bit on shipping costs

Also, you might check into the GBS steel rod grates from Weber. One of their models fits Genny B/C, 1000-5000, etc.

Back