Batchelor Weekend, Showed My SJ Some Love!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Pammi went to Maine for a long weekend because nieces and nephews couldn't make the annual roving family reunion last month because school was still going late into June! Okay, time to freezer dive grill up some yummy food!
Saturday, I dug out a couple burgers and cooked them on the SJ using a half a bag of Weber briquettes I got last week.
35100021664_d92f53ffdd_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
After the flip.
35100021534_7a247b251e_k.jpg
And swiss cheesed!
35100020694_9b68a25941_k.jpg
And the rare plated pic! On a pretzel roll with mustard and a mater out of the garden. very yummy!

The next day, I wanted some wings, so I made some almost using the recipe that Rich Dahl posted here, https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?70954-Independence-Day-Wings-Four-Ways
I was out of coriander, so I used the last of some rub we bought at a trade show last year. But the sauce was closer to the recipe! :p
Since it was going to be a longer cook, I put the SJ up on the OTS to keep short dog noses from getting burned!
35922741966_0207d871c8_k.jpg
Cooked them for about 30 minutes, flipping once, then saucing for about 10 minutes, flipping often. I used the rest of the sample bag of Weber's.
35124071574_1399720221_k.jpg
And another plated pic!
For dinner that night, I cooked half a chicken so that I'd have some for dinner last night! Seasoned similar to the wings I had for lunch, using the last of the wing sauce I had on the wings. The OTS got called up for this one, using some RO briquettes.
35969639405_1aaa46351c_k.jpg
This was after about 30 minutes, before saucing.
35969640075_9029e74010_k.jpg
And about 20 minutes later, after it was sauced several times. Sorry, no plated pics this time.
While it was good for Pammi to see the family up in Maine, it's good to have her home too!
Thanks for looking!

Yeah you did! And she looks like she returned the favor (or, is it a he.....guys weekend and all!) :)

Good looking grub!

R

That the way to have an a bachelor weekend!!! The food looks great!! I wish I was in Maine right now. Better weather and great beer up there.

I especially like the burger(s). There was a place nearby that used to do them up almost exactly like yours. I only had it 2-4 times but that # would be higher if they were still around.

You do batching the right way. Great looking burgers, I also use Swiss on my burgers 90% of the time. Wings and chicken look spot on.

Back