Twice Grilled Flank Steak Roll

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Haven't done this in ages, and I'm not sure why. Had a pretty thin flank from Costco, so all I had to do was pound it out a bit - no need to butterfly. I added EVOO, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, parsley, basil, minced fresh garlic, parmesan and a little lemon zest. Rolled it up and tied it off.

35190647413_8e4beaa14c_z.jpg

35868589731_c0b0785d3f_z.jpg

Seared on the Performer over RO lump and some leftover KBB, then moved to the cool side for a few. In order to speed up the cooking and not overdo the outside, I took it off and rested for a few - then sliced into pinwheels and hit them for about a minute per side to finish.

35960073006_a5cac3c161_z.jpg

Made up some garlic butter and grilled up some bread, along with asparagus.

35830787922_8f8440b3e7_z.jpg

35960072796_46b1eac47d_z.jpg

Plated it all up, with an added salad.

35612651370_edc6983a6b_z.jpg

Good eats to be hopefully done again soon.

Hope your Tuesday is a good one.

That looks tasty Jim. Seems like flank steak and asparagus were on a couple of menus yesterday.

Last edited:
Outstanding cook Jim, looks delicious and everything else with it looks awesome. Very nicely done.

Magnificent cook Jim. The flavors must have been through the roof. Terrific sides as well. That toasted garlic roll, wow!!

HOME RUN DINNER!! With all the flank steak being cooked on here I guess I'll take out a second mortgage and get some, sure looks good. Local Fry's (Kroger) wants $11.99 a pound for flank...Ouch.

HOME RUN DINNER!! With all the flank steak being cooked on here I guess I'll take out a second mortgage and get some, sure looks good. Local Fry's (Kroger) wants $11.99 a pound for flank...Ouch.

Ouch is right. I've been getting mine for $7.99 a pound at our HEB. I wouldn't be buying it at $11.99 a pound either.

Man I missed this one, i love stuff spiced up, and you my friend killed this cook.

Back