Flank Steak Over Lump......... Again

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I'm really liking flank steak lately, thank you Dustin, you were right, it is a great cut of meat. I have also been using the Montreal Steak seasoning marinade, thanks to ChuckO.

Here is the lineup. Tenderized flank steak. The gus is coated in EVOO and Sriracha. I cheated some and used the instant pot to get the potatoes started, I didn't have time to cook them all the way on the grill.

Cowboy lump that I dumped over some KBB, no whining about some of the small pieces for me, the KBB helps to keep most of it above the grate. I love the way it sounds like glass when you pour it into the chimney.

We have a fire.

Let's get this party started.

Steak is on.

Time to sit down for a few minutes.

I probably could have broke out the 26er for this cook.

Just about done.

Plated. I used fresh sage from the garden with the mushrooms and fresh chives from the garden on the potatoes.

The family was pleased with this cook, again. I told my wife that I was going to try flank steak with a fajita marinade and she told me no, just keep cooking this the same way. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, happy bellies at my house tonight. Thanks for looking.:cool:

You killed it Pat! The only thing I'd have done different was to have the handle away from the coals, not over them :)

That is a great looking meal. I like that Montreal Steak seasoning, too. If you're really interested in trying something more like a fajita marinade, there's a citrus and garlic marinaded one that Costco makes that is good. The wife likes that one a lot. (Truth be told, I think I'd prefer your way. :))

This is a thing of beauty!

F8JoRonh.jpg

Bob's comment above took the words right out of my mouth. Great looking plate of food and beautifully presented. Heck of a combination along with your lovely yard Pat!

Like Bob said a thing of beauty. The plated pic tells the story and you did a fantastic job.

Great meal Pat, plated shot looks perfect. I have the Montreal steak dry seasoning which I like but I've never tried the marinade, got to get some of that. Yard looks really nice too.

Back