How hard is it to add a second shelf

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I was wondering if it is easy to add a second shelf to the right of the control knobs on a standard Genesis Silver B. Is it simply adding a couple extensions to the frame and then the shelves and are those extensions readily available? I was thinking that maybe the extensions are the same as other parts on a weber grill frame that could be used off a donor frame? ???

I was wondering if it is easy to add a second shelf to the right of the control knobs on a standard Genesis Silver B. Is it simply adding a couple extensions to the frame and then the shelves and are those extensions readily available? I was thinking that maybe the extensions are the same as other parts on a weber grill frame that could be used off a donor frame? ???

It's do-able but you may need to drill a hole on the main frame so that the shelf can be bolted down.

The right side frame extension pieces that you're looking to add are the same as the ones on the LEFT of a standard silver but they are on diagonally opposite sides when placed on the right.

So the left front frame piece would be the right rear piece, the left rear piece would be the right front. They are about $23 each from ereplacementparts.com but they may be cheaper from Weber.

P/Ns 99238 for LR/RF
99239 for LF/RR

The trim piece at the end of the shelf pieces may also be a royal pain to remove.

Last edited:
Thanks Jkim.
So, what you are saying is that if I have a spare frame, I could pull the two extensions for the standard left side shelf and move them to the right hand side to the right of the control panel???
Is that correct?

Sounds simple enough. I have to go out and check that out..

Back