Reccomendation

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
For a portable lp grill using one lb canisters. Im seeing lots of q grills and they all look the same. Needs to be big enough for four to six people. Small enough for portability. Im a charcoal guy and no NOTHING about these q grills. I just dont want to haul charcoall chimney etc. for a weekend trip. Thanks for your help!!

Is that go anywhere weber grill worthwhile? Im just looking for something compact that works well and travels ez

He did specify 4 to six people so IMO the 2xxx is the better way to go as you're not packing things on it so tight you have no safety space or room to move food. Had he indicated 2 to 4 people I would definitely say q1xxx

I use a Q220 in the rv, it works well for from 2 to 8 people, I find it very versatile for our uses. To make it more portable, I carry the grate separate from the grill, I use an old cloth shopping bag for the grate and place it in the storage bay first and then put the Q on top of it. This basically cuts the Q's weight in half and makes it very easy to handle. I have also taken off the folding shelves as I usually use it on a table. In the summer camping season in our area, there are fire restrictions, but its okay to use a gasser. I also carry a SJ! But the Q usually gets the cooking call.

I'd also say the q200/ 2000. The 100/ 1000 series is pretty small, the 200 might be a little cramped but you could cook ~3# of chicken thighs at once. I've eaten a lot of meals off of both of them.

This brought up a question in my mind. So I did go look at a 1200 today. It was sitting next to a 2200. Yes there is a bit of differance in size but I saw no reason that the smaller one could not cook for six. I just don't see that everything has to be cooked at the same time. This is one reason I'm looking for a 1000 or 1200. I need a smaller easier to carry q. That all being sayed, I will bow down to those with real life experiance.

I used to have both a 1xx series and it's now gone, but the 2xx is still here. I just found it much more versatile and useful

It is just me and my wife now. We do have guests from time to time. If I am cooking burgers for just us, the Q100 is more than enough. If I am cooking burgers for us and two guests, the Q100 is plenty adequate. If I am cooking six burgers, it is starting to get cramped but certainly doable. If I am cooking steaks, it would be tight with 4-12oz Ribeyes.
Just get the Q200. You can easily cook six nice sized steaks and some potatoes on the sides. The 200 is still plenty portable.

Back