Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best charcoal smoke method

TVWBB Pro
    Was that lump or Willy Pete (White Phosphorous)? (I'm an old artillery guy).
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

Finally got to smoking a pork shoulder today. Anolog thermometer looks to be no good

Pull pork turn out great glad I decide to foil and finish in the oven. Next time I'll be sure to start earlierso I want have to foil. I added about 15 more coals at around 5 hours in. Trying to manage the temps (275) when the ash gets really high is a task. I had to pull the charcoal basket out to remove some of the ash around the tuna can. I may add the side vents from the smokey Joe gold for better temp control and to be able to side light.

Wow, 425 degrees! Looks like your SJ Mini did a fantastic job on that, even with all that heat. Impressive cook Alfonzo
    85 78

Lol that thermometer is garbage. The second one I picked up from home Depot that doesn't work. At 15$ I'm taking it back and will order a quality one. The digital probe I used never got above 290

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123