Value of a Genesis Silver C over a Silver B

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am looking at a Genesis three burner with a hot plate. I guess it would be a Genesis C. I am trying to decide how much to offer for it. It will be a rehab project for resale. My question for you is not so much how much I should offer, but rather, how much the hotplate option on it would add to the value over a regular Genesis B given both grills in similar overall condition.

So, if the Grill was a Genesis Silver B and I thought it was worth $50 as it sits, how much should I offer given the extra Hotplate???

rqHv2Tw.jpg

I would say the same $25 to $40. But keep in mind a lot of people don't want a side burner me included and will pass on it if it's too high.

This is mine, it started life as a 3000 with a side burner which I removed and added a shelf instead along with a right hand flip up shelf.
35905006325_e6fb92ec99_z.jpg

I have several B's for sale and I figure a little variety might be good for customers.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice and just the kind of advice I was looking for. I will let you know if I wind up with it. I should know by the end of the weekend.

Thanks,
Bruce

I had a chance to buy a used side burner for about $40 from a local Weber parts guy to convert my Gold B to a C but I ultimately passed, and I too opted to have the extra side shelf on the right.

I'm also planning to hang a flip up shelf on the right on my Gold B to bring it back to its original configuration. I have the shelf already, I just need to remove the right-side trim piece from a parts grill that will let me hang the flip up table.

35787395656_511ed47d00_o.jpg

Last edited:
You guys miss the whole point. If you don't light the side burner it's still another work surface and if you do light it it's another cooking surface. Heck if my Wolf had the side burner I'd really be talking to myself long and hard about losing the Summit. Really in so many ways right now it's the side burner that is keeping it with me. I do so much cooking on that thing in the summer. Tonight I'll be doing risotto on it so I don't have to heat up the house or mess up the stove while I am grilling chicken on it

Back