Standard blower damper/housing question

RKHanso

TVWBB Fan
Hello,
I have one of the standard blowers - Delta BFB0512VHD. Trying to connect it to a 1" pipe with NPT.

My brother just got a 3D printer so I asked him to print me a case for it. I supplied the files and this is what I ended up with. Is this correct? There are no threads on the part that goes on the pipe - the opening is smooth and 1.33".
There is no 'box' on the back side of the housing to mount the connector.

It looks different than the other pictures of dampers I see here on the forum.

I gave him .stl files from the Thingverse website. Maybe I just neglected to give him a file or two? I'm a bit confused on which files I need to send him now. The image names and part names on the files at Thingverse don't line-up, so I'm not sure what file is for which picture -- and what .stl files I'm missing.

What servo should I use? I'm not sure how to connect all this up. Am I missing instructions for assembling, configuring and testing this?

IMG_20170711_114013.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, your missing the box that slides onto the back. File is BottomCaseBox_V2.stl. It's designed for a TowerPro MG90S Servo. The adapter was designed to fit a BBQ Guru, but i can design a different adapter for you if you would like.

This is the Adapt-a-Damper, and there's a sticky thread on this forum.

Last edited:

Back