Miscellaneous Parts Source - Local?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have 5 or six spirit and genesis grills that I have refurbished or in the process of refurbishing. I am finding that removing the weber logo from the lids usually involves ruining those little fasteners that hold it on. Also, I have lost or ruined a few of the nuts that hold the end caps on the lids.

Does anyone know of a local source that sells those parts? I have looked at Home Depot and Menards with little luck. I have found some lid end cap fasteners at Menards that "might" work, but none that are the same as the Weber ones.

Also, I lost a pair of lid hinge pins on my latest project and was wondering if there was a local source for those.

I really don't want to have to place an order for such simple parts. If I wind up doing that, I guess I could wait until I need other, more substantial parts and then add them to the order, but it would be great if I could find a local source for such simple parts.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
thanks,
Bruce

Bruce,
My local store hardware store stocks the retaining clips as I have done several Weber nameplates over the last couple of years. You might want to check around to a different store. If you run out of luck drop me a PM and I'm sure I can help.

bEbu46z.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
Those (retaining clips) ones on the top look perfect for the weber logo plate. The two below look a bit different. Are they the lid nuts?

Is your local hardware store a chain or just a mom and pop outfit? I have an ACE and True Value near me, but they always close early making them inconvienient. BUt I will have to check them out. If they don't work, I will probably drop you a PM and maybe you can send me a couple dozen if I send you the $$$. But, I was just hoping I could find them local so I wouldn't have to deal with having them shipped and then buying more than I need.....I will probably lose the extras within a month :)

Bruce,
Two of my local hardware stores carry them and neither is a chain.

The two bottom retaining clips are the rusted,old factory Weber's that I used for a size reference.

Jeff

Ahhh, OK. I dont know of any local HW stores around me. But, the local Ace is as mom and pop as they come. Anyway, do you know the "size" of those retaining clips?

OK thanks Jeff, I might just order a set or two and keep them on hand. I will check with weber.com first though.

Bruce if you can't get the clips hit Walmart and pick up a tube of Permatex Red Tube High Temp Gasket Maker. It works really well to hold the logo on the lid. I've had two of mine held on with it and no problems after three years. Only costs a couple of bucks and you can probably do 25 logos with one tube.

It's how I do them. Those clips are a waste of time and money. Nice thing too. If you ever want to take it off a plastic putty knife slipped under the logo takes it right off

Hey Jeff,
It looks like you were in the same store as me this afternoon. I stopped at an ACE hardware store and found them. They were in the exact same container that you pictured and they were the same price.

uVdJ3TL.jpg

I also found the thread cutting nuts that hold the end caps on. I found them in 4 packs at "Blains Farm and Fleet" for $1.16 a pack.

wrM4BeR.jpg

Bruce,
Nice! Glad you found what you needed. Dirt cheap too. That's enough retaining clips for 8 Weber nameplates...we wanna see some pics ;)

Jeff

Last edited:
Yah, I was noticing that in the photos. But the ironic thing is, that hood with the end caps and log came straight from Weber brand new all assembled. I will have to go outside and check for sure.

I did go out and check that Weber Logo. It was crooked. Funny thing is, the lid had two holes but the logo only has one post so it is free to spin. The should at least put a stud on the back of the logo that fits in that second hole and ensures the logo is aligned once it is placed on the lid.

Back