Missouri > Eureka: Super Smokers BBQ

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm guessing that most people here have at least heard of Super Smokers BBQ, located in the St. Louis outlier of Eureka, MO. Since I'm now in St. Louis rather often for my job, I recently made the short drive to go check it out.

SuperSmokersEurekaMO20170622_1.jpg

The inside is typical barbecue joint. Ordering is done at the counter and the food is delivered to the tables, and of course there's a carry-out option.

SuperSmokersEurekaMO20170622_2.jpg

Pork, brisket, and 2 kinds of beans. And I was very happy with this plate of food as everything tasted good! The brisket is sliced thin as if it came from a grocery store deli counter but it had good flavors of beef and smoke.

SuperSmokersEurekaMO20170622_3.jpg

However, I was a little disappointed in my 1/3 rack of back ribs (as well as this photo, but those red plastic baskets and tissue-style liner paper give my scanner fits). I actually did like the rub and the sauce/glaze that were used but personally I'd rather see shiners like these in a pot of beans or chili.

SuperSmokersEurekaMO20170622_4.jpg

But Super Smokers has been around for a long time and I'm certainly willing to eat there again...and give the ribs another shot!

Nice review Brad, been awhile since I've been there.
Maybe you knew this, Mike Emerson (Pappy's) and Skip Steele (Bogart's) were both a part of Super Smokers at one time.
I think Skip was half owner before selling out.
He joined Mike to start Pappy's, and split off to start Bogart's.

Looks like SS can only get shiners like most of us in this area. :(

Thanks, Bob. I'd read and heard so much about Super Smokers' history that there was no way I wasn't going to get there at least once.

Sorry to hear that the St. Louis rib situation isn't so good!

Back