Our new firepit, hangout and garden.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I had an old 21' pool I removed last year. I wanted to plant grass, but M'Lady wanted a pit with benches and a raised garden.
35632809222_efd4504dcd_h.jpg

35632809522_822329b299_h.jpg

35669902891_09da28a847_h.jpg

35669902791_a920e62bf4_h.jpg

35669905831_9d9cc878d6_h.jpg

35669904591_c0f0f35ea2_h.jpg

35669907171_e26f7d4871_h.jpg

I don't have the cushions on the benches, but it's nice and cozy with a fire.

Tim

Very nice Tim. Really like the raised garden would love to have that if I had the room, maybe if I got rid of a half dozen Weber's I could do it.:rolleyes:

Very nice Tim. Really like the raised garden would love to have that if I had the room, maybe if I got rid of a half dozen Weber's I could do it.:rolleyes:

I know what you mean Rich ( I have one more in the garage )
34961759964_8896c0e242_h.jpg

And now a boat:rolleyes:

The raised garden looks great Tim. What's the dog chasing, a wascally wabbit? The firepit is very cool, but that bench....pure genius. Nicely done Tim, nicely done. BTW, the deck in the background looks pretty relaxing too

I love your garden, Tim! I planted me a raised bed garden this year, but it doesn't compare to yours. I see you're using cattle panels for vegetables to climb? Nice makeover where the pool used to reside too.

The raised garden looks great Tim. What's the dog chasing, a wascally wabbit? The firepit is very cool, but that bench....pure genius. Nicely done Tim, nicely done. BTW, the deck in the background looks pretty relaxing too
Thank's Chuck, Heidi is chasing the other mutt ( Gunner) The deck is a 24' octagon I did in 2000 to cover the original owners pool area.
Mine is a 12 sided decadogan I did on the fly.

Tim

I love your garden, Tim! I planted me a raised bed garden this year, but it doesn't compare to yours. I see you're using cattle panels for vegetables to climb? Nice makeover where the pool used to reside too.
Thank's Rusty!
I think M'Lady called them Hog Fencing? I bought em at Farm & Fleet, they come in 16' sections so I needed a bolt cutter to fit them in a pickup truck.

Tim

How cool Tim! Wonderful workmanship and design. I'd love to have the same set up, but rather than a fire pit, I'd like an igloo. :) 113 as we "speak".

Nice job on the yard timothy, looks good. I'm not a fan of fire pits (they have 'em here, and the houses are too close together) but they would make a great spot to spit sunflower seed shells ! Healthy looking garden you have too.

We had a heat warning issued here this weekend, they figure that if you're more than 5 degrees over average for three days it's a heat wave. And after Cliff's post I would be embarrassed to mention any numbers.

Tell me, how did you anchor the back of those benches?

I used concrete or landscape construction adhesive ( 3- 28 fl oz tubes ), let it dry overnight then set the landscape timbers.
Kelly showed me a pic on Pinterest, so I Googled "DIY Cinder Block Bench"
Most of the videos don't add adhesive to the butt joints and set the timbers too early, which causes the cinder blocks to shift.

Tim

I feel for you guys dealing with triple digits temps.
I work outside for a living and couldn't deal with that.:)

Tim

Love it, Tim!! Looks like a great place to relax, entertain, etc! The raised beds look great, I really need to work out some garden space......

R

Thanks for the pictures, I took down our pool and have a spot just like that I have been trying to come up with something to do with it, I think you nailed it.

Thank's Brad ( Sox stuff is in the garage):) And Rich and Steve!
Steve , if you need a hand with the numbers PM me.
I'm pretty good at framing polygons, so give me your span ( size of your pool) and I'll give you length of side and your working angle.

Tim

Back