Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I stole her.....

About 10 years ago, the Genesis/Summit only require a jet change when going from one to the other. It's still doable with the older models, just account for how much you open the valves. Rarely do I cook by visual placement of the knobs, just where the standard thermometer is at -and that's about +/- 10 degrees or so.
    *Cooking Things: Gas GA, Q100, 14" WSM prototype, 18" WSM prototype, 22" red gumball, 22 blue gumball, smoky joe, SS Genesis... I think I forgot one or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Durso View Post
    About 10 years ago, the Genesis/Summit only require a jet change when going from one to the other. It's still doable with the older models, just account for how much you open the valves. Rarely do I cook by visual placement of the knobs, just where the standard thermometer is at -and that's about +/- 10 degrees or so.
    Wrong advice. I have seen BOTH types and it's important to know to do a conversion PROPERLY. Doing it wrong can simply change performance slightly at best or be dangerous at worst. If going from LP to NG on fixed orifice valves the valves will not flow enough gas to keep a flame properly propagated across the burner resulting in gas buildup and possible flare up or explosion. Gas is nothing to fool with when you don't know what you're doing. Even worse when that person gives bad advice to another

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123