Genesis II NG Grill Owners Please Enter > Need help

Lance Cronin

Hello VWBB members,

New to the forum and am looking forward to digging into the forums some more. I know this maybe a long shot but I am posting to see if a fellow NG Genesis II owner would be willing to order me a part from Weber. The part I am looking for is part number 66227 for the Igniter Module Panel for the NG grill. I tried to order the part from Weber but they would not sell it to me since my Genesis II 410 is a LP grill and they said I needed the serial number from a NG grill for them to sell me the part. The reason I am trying to get the NG panel is because I do not have enough clearance along the right side of the grill to remove the LP tank with the LP igniter module panel that came with the grill. The LP panel wraps around the front of side of the grill blocking access to the tank. The NG igniter panel would allow me to remove the LP tank from the front of the grill rather than the side. Currently I have the left side shelf off the grill so that I can move the grill to the left when I need to replace the tank which is a PITA. Yes, I could go buy a piece of sheet metal and make the panel on my own but I would prefer to buy the NG part since it would look better and likely be cheaper. The part is $28+ shipping from Weber. I would be willing to pay for the part with shipping along with a few extra $$$ for anyone willing to help me out.

Never hurts to ask, right?

Thanks in advance,

LC

No I have not, but I just sent them an email for a quote. I did however try order the part through bbqguys.com and they actually placed the order but then had to cancel it because weber would not sell them the part unless they provided a NG serial number. The part I am looking for is simply a metal panel that attaches to the side of the grill and allows the igniter module panel to attach to it. I'd post a picture but I am not sure how to on here.

Anyway, I am hoping someone on here could help me out that has a NG Genesis II grill. As long as you have a valid serial # for a NG that is registered they will sell you the part. Unfortunately I do not.

Why can't you just relocate the ignition module? The wires on mine are pretty long which would allow me to position the module almost anywhere. Actually thinking about it, you mounted the module on the inside, over the cart, right? If I would remove the front side cover, I can pull the propane bottle straight out. How many burners does your grill have? What year is it?

Why can't you just relocate the ignition module? The wires on mine are pretty long which would allow me to position the module almost anywhere. Actually thinking about it, you mounted the module on the inside, over the cart, right? If I would remove the front side cover, I can pull the propane bottle straight out. How many burners does your grill have? What year is it?

I could relocate the module or make a panel similar to the NG panel I am looking to buy but I am the type of person that if there is an OEM part available I'd prefer to buy it and be done. I don't want to drill new holes somewhere on my grill if I don't need to. If I remove the LP panel that came with my grill I could remove the tank from the front but the the module and wires would be dangling. I just bought the grill at the end of May. Genesis II e410 4 burner

It sounds like the grill was put together incorrectly. Post a pic of what you have. This is one reason that I hesitated in going with a Weber is that they will not sell you the parts to covert over to NG.

It sounds like the grill was put together incorrectly. Post a pic of what you have. This is one reason that I hesitated in going with a Weber is that they will not sell you the parts to covert over to NG.

I have pictures but am unsure how to add them in this thread. I only see the options to add a picture via a URL. Let me know how and I'll post pics. Yes, Weber has made this a very frustrating process which is why as a last resort I am posting here to see if anyone with the NG version of my grill would order the part and ship it to me?

Ted,

If you see the grill in the first link is a NG version of my grill and you'll notice on the right side underneath the shelf there is no panel that would block access to the propane tank (since its a NG grill there is no propane tank there of course). But in the second link is the LP grill which is the one I have. It has panel that wraps around the front of the propane tank that blocks access to the tank from the front. Which is fine if you have the clearance along the right side but in my case I only have 6-7 inches. I think they really made the panel wrap around the front for cosmetic purposes only, to block the view of the propane tank. The part 66227 that I am looking to buy is the panel for the NG grill which is just a flat panel that doesn't wrap around the front.

http://www.abt.com/product/106191/W...ce=google&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=66010001

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genesis-II-E-310-Black-3-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill/1000169659

Bump

Ted,

If you see the grill in the first link is a NG version of my grill and you'll notice on the right side underneath the shelf there is no panel that would block access to the propane tank (since its a NG grill there is no propane tank there of course). But in the second link is the LP grill which is the one I have. It has panel that wraps around the front of the propane tank that blocks access to the tank from the front. Which is fine if you have the clearance along the right side but in my case I only have 6-7 inches. I think they really made the panel wrap around the front for cosmetic purposes only, to block the view of the propane tank. The part 66227 that I am looking to buy is the panel for the NG grill which is just a flat panel that doesn't wrap around the front.

http://www.abt.com/product/106191/W...ce=google&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=66010001

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genesis-II-E-310-Black-3-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill/1000169659

Bump....Willing to pay extra for anyone willing to order the part for me.

Back