weber jumbo joe 22"

...but I thought George was talking about a table top version of the 22" model.

Pardon my ignorance if there is no such animal. I need to get me product catalog and familiarize myself with Weber offerings.

George, the first time I saw the model you are referring to, I thought it was made specifically for Walmart, but I don't think that is the case. Outside of less space between the coals and the food, I can't think of any reason for owning one considering the shaky legs.

LOL, Dustin. Never seen that model before. :cool:

Someone knows how to use a press brake - that's for sure.

Ingenious!

For what it's worth, I didn't see a 22" table top model in Weber's USA catalog. Looks like the 18" Jumbo Joe is as big as it gets.

Yup. Cajun Bandit legs. I added another weber style handle for carrying purposes and a weber lid holder since the lid hook is an inch longer than the legs

you're talking about the good old Jumbo Joe that many of us love, all 18 glorious inches. He's talking about the 22" Jumbo Joe Premium sold at Wal Mart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-Jumbo-Joe-22-Premium-Charcoal-Grill/39649584

The caretakers of the final resting place of George Stephen, Sr. might want to look for signs of disturbance like displaced sod or perhaps an overturned urn...

...because he's spinning in his grave. Does the Jumbo Joe "Premium" smell like soy sauce?

I can't believe that thing has any of the versatility of the traditional 22" kettle although the Wal-Mart link shows a turkey...and an amazingly clean drip pan.

Well, I took a closer look today. And yea, it was made to be a quick sale cheap grill with the weber name. Folks thinking they are getting a real weber kettle. But saying that, if they go on sale cheaply enough I may entertain the thought of getting one to add to my kettle collection. It sure can be made portable by taking three bolts out.

Well, I took a closer look today. And yea, it was made to be a quick sale cheap grill with the weber name. Folks thinking they are getting a real weber kettle. But saying that, if they go on sale cheaply enough I may entertain the thought of getting one to add to my kettle collection. It sure can be made portable by taking three bolts out.

I think they were half price last year around here, but I didn't bite.

Wasn't Weber bought by some investment-type company a couple of years ago? This grill sure looks like an attempt to capitalize on the Weber name for the short term, regardless of the potential damage it could cause to its reputation.

Wasn't Weber bought by some investment-type company a couple of years ago?

I can't find any news articles to back that up, but I found a not-so-old article confirming an expansion of their facilities...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...y-weber-tax-abate-st-1016-20161014-story.html

This grill sure looks like an attempt to capitalize on the Weber name for the short term, regardless of the potential damage it could cause to its reputation.

I honestly thought that wobbly grill was made for Walmart the first time I saw it. Someone in the comments section thought the same. Ain't the grilling and charcoal surfaces made out of thinner material?

Back