Grill ID specifics

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am planning to pick this grill up. $25 find off Craigslist. The guy says the Flavo bars are probably in need of replacing but the rest is pretty decent inside. For $25, I don't expect a lot though.
It looks like a green lid to me which is new for me. I have only dealt with black and red ones before. It looks like the bottom frame rack is missing as well. That sux but not a huge issue. It will also come with a cover that looks intact but weathered.

At $25, I am thinking this is a good candidate for cleaning and fixing up for resale. This grill looks like a Genesis B to me, but what does the dual swinging tables tell me? I am used to ones with the swing table on the left side only.

Weber%203%20burner2%201200x900_zpswhflf7qo.jpg

Weber%203%20burner%201200x900_zpsykrqpilw.jpg

Weber%203%20burner3%201200x900_zpsqsndkenj.jpg

Bruce, the right-side flip up table means that it's a "Silver B Premium" model.

Pretty good for $25, I'd snag it.

Premium model ehhhh??? I like that. OK thanks JKim. I already contacted the guy and arranged a pickup.
Thanks,
Bruce

OK, I have the grill now. It is fairly good shape. But it will definitely need new Flavo bars. The SS stamped grates look pretty good except that a couple of the vertical bars are loose on one end....Probably some cheap Chinese knock off SS bars. Anyway, I think I can live with that. The igniter works and the gas collector/electrode seem to be in decent shape. I fired it up and it ran fine and the burner tubes look good as well.

So, I was looking at the grill label and the SN, Part # and model number are all barely legible. To the point, I am unable to determine any specifics on the grill. None of the numbers I can discern seem to correspond to any given part numbers. I was hoping someone else could take a look and maybe do some code breaking on the numbers for me and see something I don't. Maybe the configuration of the grill would help some seasoned Weber vets pin down the year at least.

One really interesting thing is that I can definitely see that the label says it is a Natural Gas grill but it is not. It has a propane connector and runs fine on propane...I guess at some point it was converted. I did attach a couple photos of the manifold for verification.

Hopefully someone can solve this puzzle for me.
This is my best guess for the info, but like I said, they don't seem to match up to anything on Weber.com or other grill sites:
Part No: 2357298
Model No: 2360000
Serial No: DD 592203
Type of Gas: Natural
BTU: 36000

If someone else can figure out the correct numbers, please let me know...any additional info would be appreciated.

vbVhdz7zn3krgiHv5

Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%201_zpsn1hlzxby.jpg

Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%202_zpsq9f1src0.jpg

Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%203_zpsodpfbhnz.jpg

Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%204_zpsyflhrtnc.jpg

Weber%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%20-%20Platinum%20Green%20Head%205_zpsgyuqpyxs.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/...ver B - Platinum Green Head 6_zpsgcgd5s4p.jpg

20170704_141251_zpsd3j57q53.jpg

Last edited:
Deleted....photobucket is acting up today and won't let me post a picture of my grill

Weber%203%20burner%20Green_zpsf3kvreun.jpg

Last edited:
Photo bucket is having all kinds of issues. The Toyota forum I am on just posted they can no longer guarantee PB will work any more. Too bad these types of forums just can't allow a straight upload of a photo directly. Such a royal PIA

Photo bucket is having all kinds of issues. The Toyota forum I am on just posted they can no longer guarantee PB will work any more. Too bad these types of forums just can't allow a straight upload of a photo directly. Such a royal PIA

The cost of hosting photos must be prohibitive.

Use flickr or imgur to host photos instead. photobucket has been terrible for years!

I agree guys about PB. Seems they are not happy with having access to billions of photos for free and the add money they get.

But, I just picked up a virtually identical grill today and while the data plate sticker is more readable than this one, I still can't seem to get it to match anything on Weber.com.

I am going to email photos of both grills and data plates to Weber CS and maybe they can piece it all together. I will also try to figure out flikr or imgur.

Wow, now PB is pulling all my photos. Oh well, here is a couple from Flickr. Lets see if they post.

8ikKPn

1V45RD

What I am getting on this one is:
Part No: 2257398
Model No: 2250000
Serial No: DD 258548
Type of Gas: LP
BTU: 36,000

The problem is, that, just like the other grill, when I plug them into the Weber site to pull up either the schematics or to register it, I am unable to. I have registered several other grills with their serial numbers without a hitch. I don't know if I am deciphering the numbers wrong or not. But I don't even come with much search google for the model numbers. Usually that will at least let you pin it down to a couple years and give you the model name.

Oh well, here are the links:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46748997@N08/shares/v0Zv8j

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46748997@N08/shares/55w7RD

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. That does look like my two grills except mine have green lids. That says BLK. But it otherwise look like the grill. I just wish I could get the SN's for them so I can register them.

Dave: I did email pics to CS last night and they responded already:
===============================================
Hello Bruce,

The first model's serial number is DD 592203, and it corresponds to a Genesis Silver B, natural gas model # 2351298, made in April of 2000.
The second model is DD 258548, and it also corresponds to a Genesis Silver B, natural gas model # 2351298, made in January of 2000.
These were exclusive models and you might not be able to register them online due to a technical system process regarding how their serial numbers validate.
Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you,
John
Marketing Associate, Online Consumer Care Americas Marketing

++++++++++++++++++++++
I still question however the statement that both are natural gas models. I can see the one is listed as NG on the label but the second one is clearly labeled LP. Also, both are set up for LP as they sit now. But anyway. At least I have something to go on now. Supposed SN's and dates of manufacture.

Back