GrillGrates for your Q

TOM BAUER

TVWBB Pro
Was just on the GrillGrate home page and found custom GrillGrates for the series 100, 200, and 300 Q's. I use the orginal set of 3 GrillGrates on my Q's and am always pleased with the grill marks and the ability to flip the grates over and use for a nice sear on fish, chicken, and meats with no flare ups. My Q300s need new grates and I just might go this route instead of replacing the old rusty grates I am now using. And-- you can run them thru the dishwasher if needed!!!

That's great news !!!

I just looked at the pictures of the Q200 GrillGrates and can see they added an extra 2 peak grill with the straight 13.75" standard. My wife bought me the set that fits on my Weber Jumbo Joe and I occasionally throw that over to my Q220. I don't get as much grilling area as this new set made for the Q series, but it works.

I'm of course confused . Nothing new.
but I think the ci on thd q's do a fantastic job as it is. Not sure the need for change but that of course is up to the individual.

Remember the CI grates on a QXXXX also form the burner shield so using anything else in place of them will cause the burner to clog up with drippings and carbon.

I received my Grill Grates for my Q300 and like them so far. My only issue is that they slide around quite a bit - no way to really lock them in as they are smaller than the grill surface.

What sort of wire would you suggest?

Well, since I don't have grillgrates for my Q, I'd have to see them on the grill to make a suggestion. You could probably find a small clamp or some sort of clip at Home Depot that would work as well. Have you tried asking Grillgrates support?

Last edited:
Well, since I don't have grillgrates for my Q, I'd have to see them on the grill to make a suggestion. You could probably find a small clamp or some sort of clip at Home Depot that would work as well. Have to tried asking Grillgrates support?

I ended up reaching out the the company themselves, and they suggested using small binder clips to secure it to the OEM grates. Will try that.

Back