Gen Silver B too hot!

Richard M.

Inherited from my Dad. Even with all 3 knobs set to low, can't keep it under 425 deg. The flames don't seem long or big. I haven't inspected yet, but was hoping for some advice on where to start and how to logically troubleshoot.

Thanks!

The first thing I would do is get a new thermometer. I've rehabbed a few of these grills, and the thermometers are pretty much a must-replace item.

Good luck!

Have you tried turning the middle burner off? I cooked some ribs today on my B and even w/ just the front and rear burners set to low and with the middle burner turned off, I was hitting 325-350°.

The first thing I would do is get a new thermometer. I've rehabbed a few of these grills, and the thermometers are pretty much a must-replace item.

Good luck!

Thanks. It is old and I just happen to be going to an ACE for other items. I'll pick one up!

Have you tried turning the middle burner off? I cooked some ribs today on my B and even w/ just the front and rear burners set to low and with the middle burner turned off, I was hitting 325-350°.

Hmm. No I haven't tried that yet. I will. I may have unrealistic expectations.

Yep, turn off one or two of the burners. If you want to cook direct, put food over the burner that is lit. Move to where burners aren't lid to cook indirectly with the lid closed.

Back