Greetings from NJ!

JasiuClark

Hi there! I stumbled on this site after discovering the Heatermeter on another site. I'm the proud recent owner of a 3 burner Weber Spirit and a 24" PitBoss Kamado Grill. I'm still figuring out the intricacies of the Heatermeter and the Kamado grill, so hopefully things get easier. They are equally challenging in their own ways.

Nothing this weekend unfortunately! I'm stuck at work! Can't do too much on the fourth either. Gotta pass the reigns to my sister in law. She's one of the contestants on this week's episode of Chopped! So I'm bringing the family down for a viewing party.
Next week is the big weekend, my four year old's birthday and I'm shooting to do a 10.5 lb angus brisket that I scored for $33, and a few racks of ribs plus the usual burgers and dogs. It'll be my first time attempting brisket, so hopefully the bbq gods will be with me. I've got backups planned in case it doesn't work out.

Welcome Jasiu! I'm an ex-Jerseyite/Jerseyan (I don't think "they" ever determined which is the correct term...) myself.

Don't sweat the brisket. I can understand the anxiety. Sometimes we all just need a little hand holding the first time to keep us from stumbling. Been there, done that. Just cook it to temp and tenderness and you'll be the hero of the day every time.

Back