photobucket gone nuts ?

Bye Bye, Photobucket

Got a lovely email from them stating I can no longer embed images from my account since I'm not paying. Wow. Just, wow.

35496315481_96f83aeb92_b.jpg

I got the love letter too - saying I can no longer embed images unless I upgrade. Gee, Photobucket: thanks for the heads up and advance notice so those that need to can move their images and re-link. See ya!

Edit: here's what happens when I link to an image now.

00F96034-A680-4AED-9BB4-19EAC84EF03D-3780-0000049EDB3D4815_zps1rqoitiq.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's phenomenally crappy. If I had ever considered paying, I certainly won't now. Looks like they did the same thing to me.

I've previously been unable to get links to work from Amazon Prime Photos, but figured that out this morning. Unlimited free photo storage with Prime membership. Problem solved.

I've previously been unable to get links to work from Amazon Prime Photos, but figured that out this morning. Unlimited free photo storage with Prime membership. Problem solved.
Hope it works for you Jim.
I tried Prime Photos awhile back and for some reason my pics didn't show up here for long, mostly likely something on my end.

Hope it works for you Jim.
I tried Prime Photos awhile back and for some reason my pics didn't show up here for long, mostly likely something on my end.

Do you mean they showed, but later disappeared? I noticed something in the URL that I tested and in there was something to the effect of 'templink'. I was wondering if maybe they allow the embedding, but only for a certain period.

Do you mean they showed, but later disappeared? I noticed something in the URL that I tested and in there was something to the effect of 'templink'. I was wondering if maybe they allow the embedding, but only for a certain period.
Yes, some folks could see them at first, then they couldn't.
Can't remember if they still showed up for me.

OK, here's a test. Let's see what happens.

FRNvj7oIKAFvSZNCgcoMqWvFTleBXmBTCKqgKMi4AHMpX92IB

And here's another, from my Flickr account.

16010805542_e44330e649_b.jpg

Last edited:
Test using IMGUR
Edit: Fixed using huge thumbnail as link
qfbyKqbh.jpg

edit: Test using large thumbnail.
q3a9GmAl.jpg

huge thumbnail
q3a9GmAh.jpg

Last edited:
I bailed a month ago. It was getting to where it was ruining my day. So frustrating. That's the nicest Rainbird shot I've ever seen Jim! :cool: Seriously, it's a great picture.

Dustin, that's some great looking food. On the IMGUR site, when I am getting the links, I use the medium or large thumbnail size...you can switch sizes right below where there various codes for linking are.

Thanks, Yeah this picture seems really slow to load. I'll try the other ones.

Who are you using now Cliff?

Sorry Pat. I got sidetracked on commenting on Jim's sprinkler shot and forgot to say. I switched to Shutterfly about 3 weeks ago. Really like it so far. Not super fast, but I think that's due more to my internet connection than it is the host.

Anyone use Imgur? I might try that one. I've got a flickr account as well as amazon prime.

I switched to Imgur several months ago to escape the crappy Photobucket experience of ad upon ad upon ad bombarding the screen and making the service practically unusable, much less the impossibly SLOOOOOOW speed of the site.

But of course now all my old linked Photobucket photos are broken. Way to go, Photobucket.

Back