Griddle?

I've got the Lodge version and really like it, but to be honest, have only used the flat side for searing steaks and smashing burgers.

dILVAmb.jpg

jUOAu7o.jpg

Jim,

That was the first one I saw, and have both in my Amazon cart until I decide which one.

Thanks

Jim,

That was the first one I saw, and have both in my Amazon cart until I decide which one.

Thanks

I went with the smaller one so I could lay it sideways on one side of the Genesis, and still have more than half of the grill for direct grilling on the grate. Thought that'd work well for side veggies, etc. We'll see if I'm right...

Just got my Lodge in today-
I got the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Rectangular Griddle - 15 x 12.25 Inches. Jumbo Chef’s Serving Platter.

ThDOR8X.jpg

I'm going to season it this weekend and after that it's Smashburgers for the Family!

Jeff

Just for you Jim:)

KnKaIfA.jpg

M3QWmNG.jpg

HbVZJwS.jpg

KtjeuM6.jpg

I have made Smash burgers the last two weekends and little by little I'm getting it down.
I used my heavy-duty Pampered Chef spatula but the meat just pushes through the slits in it so I can't press down as much as I'd like.I used some painters tape to help a bit.

I thing I might go the Plastering Trowel route as it seems like the way to go.

Jeff

Last edited:
Can't wait to try these over coals !

Lodge LPGI3 arriving tomorrow, Sunday. The turners have / are arriving... Winco TN719 yesterday, Dexter-Russell today.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try the smashburgers tomorrow. You need a spatula without holes. I have a broil king long one I'm gonna use

contemporary-grill-tools-and-accessories.jpg

Oh, I made some smash burgers on my Genesis 1000 a few nights ago. I used an aluminum grilddle. My wife loved them. I think she was skeptical of the "dumb" name, but after she ate a double cheese smash burger, she was sold.

Did Weber ever release a griddle for the Genesis? This is some street tacos cooking up on 1 of 2 protos that was a given as a gift to me... the other side has the ridges.

ZraoDjt.jpg
[/IMG]

5frcQtg.jpg

I went with lodge because I didn't want porcelain enameled (I like seasoning the cat iron) and also didn't want a drain hole.

Back