I'm Back - Need Some Guidance ...

Jeff Fox

Hello everyone...
Im back with a WSM cooker and hope to get it figured out fast. The short story.. I ended up using an offset smoker for a bunch of years, sold my 18.5" WSM and eventually then bought a bigger offset. Sold the smaller offset, now thinking I made a mistake on the BIG offset. In the meanwhile I had gotten the 22.5" WSM but left it in the box unassembled a while...
So I now am going to fire up the 22.5" WSM. I have a lid hinge coming for it, plan to put wheels on it as it is huge compared to my first one. ThermoWorks Smoke is in the plans. Maybe the SS door? I also have two small Tel-Tru thermometers on it at the two cooking rack levels. They actually mounted so easy, right through the bolt holes that are for the rack supports.
Anyhow what should I do to start with this big boy.. I know i will get going and back in the swing of things with this cooker quick enough-- and I look forward to loading it up and letting it cook overnight while I SLEEP.
So thats it. I just wanted to get some pointers on charcoal amounts and some good suggestions to get my first cook on this baby off to a good start. Any quirks I should know about? Tips or ideas of any kind appreciated ! Ive been a stick burner for a whole now.
Thanks for reading my ramblings. I look forward to getting to know this community, as me and my WSM become best friends!

Back