Oxidized Genesis Lid

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Is there a simple fix for this. The lid is in great shape and I used Simple Green with some #0000 steel wool to clean it up. It is completely clean, but it has some significant oxidization on it. Is there an easy way to fix this. I was hoping it would come out with the steel wool and Simple Green, but it didn't.
This grill is going to be for resale, so I would really like to get it back to it's nice shiny luster since it will detract quite a bit from the resale value of the grill the way it is now. The rest of the grill cleaned up nicely and will have a new set of flavo bars. I am hoping someone knows a quick and easy way to clear up the ceramic on the hood so I can max out my profits on the grill.

20170627%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%201_zpst7qpqudl.jpg

20170627%20Genesis%20Silver%20B%202_zpstfa8nytw.jpg

Last edited:
That is color fade not oxidation. It is common on the dark colors especially the black ones. There is no fix for it. Some years appear worse than others. Could be the pigments Weber used in the porcelain was not up to standards some years. Only "fix" is have the lid redone which is most likely more expensive than the grill is worth. Maybe look for another grill with a good lid but not worth saving otherwise as a donor. Where in WI are you?

I guess I sell it as is. The rest of the grill is pristine. Oh well.
I live near the Wisconsin Dells.

Would you mind a drive for a couple good lids? I was going to sell one to someone on here but honestly the shipping costs put it out of contention. I have a nice red lid and I think a gray (platinum) lid. I live right off I90/39 If you make a business of flipping them it may be a decent thing. All I'd want is enough to cover gas and little more. If you're interested let me know. You can PM me if you like.

Back