Newer Genesis Side Burner into Genesis 2000

Les Harrison

Howdy -

I'm slowly restoring a Genesis 2000 that I picked up a couple of months ago. Love the grill and thankful for all the restoration advice on the forums. Today on Craigslist someone posted a "Weber Genesis Side Burner and Side Shelf" for 25 dollars. Picture:

Any chance I can drop that into the spot on a Genesis 2000 occupied by the right-hand prep table? I'm pessimistic as it looks like the actual body of the burner pan is curved to match the plastic trim. Thoughts? Advice?

Howdy -

I'm slowly restoring a Genesis 2000 that I picked up a couple of months ago. Love the grill and thankful for all the restoration advice on the forums. Today on Craigslist someone posted a "Weber Genesis Side Burner and Side Shelf" for 25 dollars. Picture:

Any chance I can drop that into the spot on a Genesis 2000 occupied by the right-hand prep table? I'm pessimistic as it looks like the actual body of the burner pan is curved to match the plastic trim. Thoughts? Advice?

I guess it's possible that you could hack away and get that to fit. But it's going to look kind of jacked at minimum.

Back