Game Hens

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Very Tasty

F0FFAA9F-54F1-46CC-A525-C64C24356F16_zpswam8defl.jpg

2F9ECC23-AD1B-44B8-90CD-8CA5527B50EC_zpsa88qtuai.jpg

Fence should be finished mid week, been pretty hot for building a fence

D600C450-88A9-4824-ADB0-79EC90B0C612_zpsstnayz4w.jpg

Couple shots from Friday's Don Felder, REO & Styx concert. Photobucket is having issues loading movies, Don was fantastic, REO hasn't missed a beat, Styx was to mechanical, lacking any groove

D35B72E4-4118-428B-9A64-28771A33B1E6_zpsd7sabpwr.jpg

168FED3F-CF85-456E-8614-31C3D447813C_zps3d5xqwip.jpg

1A59D871-B39D-4113-A846-98F9AFDC5BA8_zpst7uz63t5.jpg

023FBEF1-C7EB-4F3C-87E1-0667AF74C0B0_zpswsmfswji.jpg

Spot on game hen cook, Chuck! Plate looks terrific. Bet that corn was good, too.

The fence is coming along nicely. What's become of the Santa Maria grill?

Nice cook Chuck, that plate looks terrific. Must be miserable building that fence in this heat.

We love game hens Chuck and yours look outstanding. You're doing a nice job on the fence. A quick dip in the neighbors pool would cool you down nicely. You could "accidentally" fall in.

The cheese on the corn looks amazing, what type is it?
cotija cheese, it's the latest corn dance craze at our place. Good stuff

What's become of the Santa Maria grill?
The Game Hens are so much better in the kettle. Beside, it's way too hot to run the fence killer :)

You're doing a nice job on the fence. A quick dip in the neighbors pool would cool you down nicely. You could "accidentally" fall in.
They were gone when I burned it down, and while I was digging out the old posts and putting in the new post. I accidentally fell in several times :)

Chuck, the hens look marvelous! Was eyeing those in the store the other day, this may push me over! BTW, do the neighbors know about the fence yet? ;)

R

BTW, do the neighbors know about the fence yet? ;) R
They came home Saturday afternoon. I confessed to burning it down, they checked their house out and found it to be no worse for ware, and are quite happy now. He's been wanting to replace that fence since he moved in, but I was never all that motivated (I think it looked worse on his side than on mine) I told him the total cost will fall in right around $1600 and he's thrilled with paying half. I know he had a couple quotes and I don't think either of them was under $3,000. He's pretty thrilled about how it's turning out and really can't be happier. His only question was: "Are you keeping that grill there?" (my Santa Maria is sitting where the fence would be, if it was all the way up) I wanted to say yes, but I decided not to push it :)

Friday's Don Felder, REO & Styx, were getting old if you know who these bands are..HEHE.
Nice hens and fence is coming along.

Beautiful birds.
I didn't know Don Felder toured. He is a darn fine guitarist. I think he & Joe Walsh playing note for note in Hotel California is one of best in rock & roll. Amazing.

Awesome pics Chick! The birds look outstanding! I'm a huge music fan so the additional pics are very nice to see!

Back