2017 Ribfest

ZacMiller

TVWBB Member
Well back at it again, decided to step up a notch from the last competition and add a few more competitors but heres a little recap from this weekends Ribfest, had a great time. Jeff Schmitt puts on great event will be looking forward to it again next year! We decided to enter both categories wet ribs and dry ribs. Had a few set backs early off but pulled through with a 1st in wet ribs and a 3rd in dry ribs.
9:22 it is...

Burnt was a few spots down haha

We in the money

and special thanks to @Justin NE Iowa for hanging out with us and taking care of Captain Ron ;)

Last edited:
Any event where the guy putting it on offers shots of fireball to everyone. You know it should be a good day.

Congrats on the 1st place in wet ribs and 3rd in dry ribs. Thanks for hanging out while I was running solo most of the day. I usually take a lot of pictures, but the wind had me playing catch up on cooking times. I was very happy to get 2nd in dry ribs. Still anxiously awaiting the scores to be emailed. Curious the difference in scores between my ribs.

Burnt Reynolds made some really good pork belly burnt ends. First time trying those. Those were really good.

80 racks of ribs sold in an hour for the event. Next year will be bigger I'm sure.

@Justin Yeah congrats on the 2nd in dry! It had to be that secret panther ****? :confused: it was a great time and for sure plan on coming back next year. But it was pry better they stuck us WSM guys in the back 40 by ourselves. That's where the cool kids hangout I wish I could've stuck around longer to hangout but after the heavy rain I was ready to split. P.s. I got pics for ya, you photo bombed my 9:22 shot photo lol

Last edited:
I headed to wedding reception afterwards that lasted until 1 am. I'm too old for those long days. Sunday was a slow moving day due to adding bourbon to the mix.

Back