Please help me identify this grill

Wow thanks for the quick response and the link!

The one I am looking at (linked to) appears to have a different lower frame with only one bottom connector in the middle rather than 2 as shown in the drawing you provided.

Will do.
Although I have always owned and used Weber Kettles and smokers,
I think the older cast aluminum and wood trim gas grills, particularly the red heads are an iconic design.

That definitely is the deep box but that frame with the one lower support you typically see on the Spirits. Maybe some of the older Genesis grills had that frame? I'd get it. I've loved my Genesis 1000 so far and like you I'm at heart a charcoal guy. Doing the work to restore the older grill definitely makes me love it all the more. I use it mostly for quick cooks during the week and for set it and forget it rotisserie.

Hey Bill B,

Did you see this redhead for $15 in Windsor?

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/for/6193540230.html

00k0k_25yld1PIgnI_600x450.jpg

Yah, it sure looks like the 1000 redhead I have in my garage waiting for some steel wool and simple green. If those are quality SS Flavo bars, then you almost have the price of the grill right there. Another positive is the hanging swing table is still there. Many of them are gone as is mine. I am still looking for a cheap donor grill for the hardware on that.

Thanks for all the help.

I had a change of plan. The grill I posted above was too far away and more than I really wanted to spend.
So I did something really dumb. I bought a basket case that was closer and cheaper.
I brought tools knowing I would need to disassemble the grill to fit in my car. In the process it disassembled itself as a result of rust.

So here it is....
Actually I can save it. The only thing I cant fix is a couple of dings in the top so while I work on the rest I'll be on the lookout for a red donor.

Genesis_1.JPG

Ohhhhh, I wish I had your swing table hardware. I now have a redhead and two green heads in my garage. I am planning on the redhead being my personal grill but I need to find the hardware for the drop down swing table. It is missing on my specimen. The two greenheads will be resales after I fix them up.

Good luck getting that one fixed up.

I'll keep an eye out. If I happen to find a red donor that I need with the swing out table you need I'll let you know.

I restore a lot of older things I think are cool and should be saved.
I think this time I'll start a thread here, document this save, and maybe share some pictures of some of my past saves.

Rust Never Sleeps

Genesis_2.JPG

I have 5 genesis 3 burners and two 2 burner Spirits in my garage right now. None of them had a frame in that bad of shape. Even my 1993 redhead Genesis 1000 has a solid frame. The previous owner of that one must have gotten carried away with the salt shaker when he was seasoning the food or something.

Out in Eastern long island, webers often look like that after 3-5 years. 10 years is typically the maximum life we see and that's if they are in the center most section with less salt air.. I think we carted away 2 2014 Genesis due to rot last week

Wow, I know how salt rots steel from living in Wisconsin and Minnesota most of my life, but I didn't realize that living on the coast was such an issue with salt in the air. I guess a cover is a good investment in that case.

Back