New Grill, New Member

J_E_F_F

TVWBB Member
Hello, new to Weber and the forum, glad to have made the switch. In the 2 weeks I've had the little Q1200, I have noticed a definite improvement over my last cheap propane grill, so much so, that I last night I ordered a Jumbo Joe to augment my setup. I have a Kamado that I find is too much trouble to use most of the time, so I don't bother. Hoping the Jumbo Joe is easier (smaller/lighter). Just my wife and I here, so the little portable grills are a good size for us.

Earlier in the week I made some wings with the roadkill sauce, my wife really liked those, today for lunch I made wings with the Wickers Clone marinade, and I really liked that one.

Wings.jpg

The Q1200 design seems great, I like how the smoke circulates and exits low on the sides

Q1200.jpg

This evening, I tried to replicate Tony's Bistec Ranchero

1.75 pound of Chuck, salted for an hour then cooked. It was pretty good, but maybe next time I spend a bit more on the cut of meat.

Chuck_Raw.jpg

Chuck_Cooked.jpg

While that rested, I started to saute the vegetables.

Veg_Saute.jpg

Added the El Pato and started cutting the meat, added it after 10 minutes then simmered another 10.

Chuck_Sliced.jpg

Plated with fresh pico, beans & rice, and grilled green onions, it was delish!

Bistec_Ranchero.jpg

Welcome Jeff. You're on a roll with that new Q. I see a lot of great cooks in your future with that and the Joe.

Welcome, Jeff, the grub looks great! I love those little Q grills, may have to add one to the arsenal at some point!

R

Jeff;
That's a couple of great looking cooks!

I use my Jumbo Joe quite a bit. I believe that you'll find that it's a DANDY, too.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

You hit the ground running with some great cooks, I say. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Welcome Jeff, some nice cooks on the Q. We have eight Weber's and like you it's just the wife and me. One is a Jumbo Joe and it gets used much more than the others, perfect for two people.

Chicken looks fantastic and you did and admirable job on the Bistec Ranchero. The plate is gorgeous. I think Tony would agree. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Jeff, and that is some great cooking your doing the Q. Looking forward to seeing more of your cooks.

Back