Parmesan Chicken Kempster

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
To celebrate the hottest day of the year, for us anyway, I decided on chicken. Just sounded good. It's been over a year since I've done Parmesan Chicken Kempster. This is my oldest Weber recipe and is a family favorite. Did more Crash Potatoes and finally some Crispy Balsamic Brussels Sprouts. Here goes.

Eight trimmed chicken thighs along with the Parmesan Cheese, crushed seasoned stuffing and chopped flat leaf parsley.

enhance

Mixed the Parmesan, crumbs and parsley together. Dipped each thigh in melted butter and coated with the Parmesan mixture.

enhance

Thighs all coated.

enhance

Boiled the potatoes outside on camp stove.

enhance

Let them cool and then smashed, or rather crashed, oiled and seasoned.

enhance

Washed, trimmed and halved a pound of Brussels Sprouts.

enhance

Whisked together the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Drizzled on sprouts.

enhance

Chicken on the Weber, indirect low heat for 1 hour 20 minutes.

enhance

With about half hour to go got the potatoes and sprouts on too.

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
Chicken about done.

enhance

Potatoes and sprouts too.

enhance
736/enhance[/IMG]

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

enhance

Every time we have this I remember why it's one of our favorite recipe's. Thank you Mike Kempster! Such a wonderful flavor from the butter, cheese and seasoned croutons coating the chicken. Potatoes are rapidly becoming a family favorite recipe too. Sprouts were nice and crispy with that distinct Balsamic taste. Enjoying this lovely 104 degree temperature. Coolest we've been in about a week. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Very nice, Cliff, and cooked on a trio of grills? 22, 18 and JJ? I'll have to dig that recipe up, looks like a great one to liven up the chicken lineup!

R

Fantastic cooks Cliff! It's been real hot my way, has to be insanely hot your way

Love It! You are the man, cooking with three blazing kettles in 104 degree heat. Two of my favorites, sprouts and smashed taters and a soon to be new favorite parmesan chicken Kempster.

WOW!!! Cliff you nailed that one out of the ball park. Love it all thanks for sharing it with us. Stay cool!!:eek: It's 101* outside right now.

Back