weber charcoal sale

Hmmm. I like that charcoal for screaming hot cooks in the kettle. Still a little high, but I might pay that and use it for my kettles and save the KBB for the WSM.

Some Target stores have begun clearing out at $9.98. Price drop should follow at some point at all other stores.

Click this link and it will take you to the corresponding Brickseek search page for Weber Charcoal. Just put in your zip code to find local inventory and pricing.

Weber Charcoal

I don't think many people will ever pay a premium for so called premium charcoal when KBB is sitting their for 1/2 the price and sometime 1/4 of the price.

Some Target stores have begun clearing out at $9.98. Price drop should follow at some point at all other stores.

Click this link and it will take you to the corresponding Brickseek search page for Weber Charcoal. Just put in your zip code to find local inventory and pricing.

Weber Charcoal

$20 around me in Lexington. If it gets to $10 I may buy some, no idea where ill store it though....

Well... they are all gone at my local HD. Never noticed them on sale. Still full price at my local Lowes.

I picked up 2 bags on sale for 14.99. I tried the sample and really liked it. It's a premium charcoal. Around here K pro and long burn are more per pound. So is Stubbs usually. I still use kbb but the weber is a nice change of pace

15.99 at my local Lowe's today. Also had Royal Oak ridge briquettes on sale 5.99 for 15 pounds. Never used the Royal oak briquettes

Royal oak is what I use the most. The home brand at hd is made by royal oak and works just fine. Not sure how the weber coals are doing there.

Just came from Home Depot, $15 there now too, sign says "Price Drop" no date deadline.

I saw this a few days ago too. I wonder if Weber is dropping the price due to slow sales. At $15 it's still too much to be my primary charcoal (it's good enough and flexible enough to be my only one), but I'd be more willing to use it more often at that price.

I am awaiting delivery of my WSM 22.5, so doing as much research as possible prior.

I see the Weber Charcoal 20lb bag on sale at Lowes for $11.99. That is 40% off. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-20-lb...tes/1000156169

I also see the KBB Original on sale $12.88 for 2 18.6lb bags https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kingsford-2...ettes/50330065

I guess both are considered good deals, just a matter of preference? From what I saw in the test, Weber lasted the longest, so would it be a stretch to think that Weber Briquettes would be better for longer cooks to avoid having to refuel where the KBB Original would be fine for shorter cooks?

For WSM 22.5, how much fuel can it hold? If filled up using the minion method, how long should it last? I saw someone wrote 50hrs, but that seems a bit extreme.

TIA

I am awaiting delivery of my WSM 22.5, so doing as much research as possible prior.

I see the Weber Charcoal 20lb bag on sale at Lowes for $11.99. That is 40% off. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-20-lb...tes/1000156169

I also see the KBB Original on sale $12.88 for 2 18.6lb bags https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kingsford-2...ettes/50330065

I guess both are considered good deals, just a matter of preference? From what I saw in the test, Weber lasted the longest, so would it be a stretch to think that Weber Briquettes would be better for longer cooks to avoid having to refuel where the KBB Original would be fine for shorter cooks?

For WSM 22.5, how much fuel can it hold? If filled up using the minion method, how long should it last? I saw someone wrote 50hrs, but that seems a bit extreme.

TIA

The ring can hold 20 lbs on a 22. The weber is good I've found, but I normally use KBB. 50 hours is way extreme. I have gotten close to 24 but that was on a 100 degree plus day during the summer. 16 to 18 is pretty reasonable at 225 to 250. At 275 it seems like you burn faster (which is reasonable) but your cook shouldn't take as long. Also, I must mention that these burn times are without water in the pan. Water in the pan will cause you to burn fuel quicker, but I've done brisket cooks with water, that I didn't have to refuel with.

The ring can hold 20 lbs on a 22. The weber is good I've found, but I normally use KBB. 50 hours is way extreme. I have gotten close to 24 but that was on a 100 degree plus day during the summer. 16 to 18 is pretty reasonable at 225 to 250. At 275 it seems like you burn faster (which is reasonable) but your cook shouldn't take as long. Also, I must mention that these burn times are without water in the pan. Water in the pan will cause you to burn fuel quicker, but I've done brisket cooks with water, that I didn't have to refuel with.

Great Info. I am looking for hassel free, so if the Weber Briquettes allow me a steady low and slow burn for 12+ hours from one bag, that is good. Use the Minion method with the whole bag? 1 Chimini filled unlit, and another lit? What is the best for low n Slow w these briquettes in your opinion? filling pan w water.

Also, I saw a lid mod for the water pan, is that useful? Does that just keep it clean or is there another use for it? Does it change any of the temps/cooktime, etc?

I would use the whole bag and pull out maybe 12 briquettes and light those. Once they are lit you put those on top of the unlit in the ring. I usually put them all in the center. Some people but in a tin can open at both ends, put the lit in that and then pull out the can. Once you are done cooking just shut down all your vents. You'll usually wind up with some reusable charcoal.

That lid mod is pointless really. It would make cleanup a little easier because then you can just foil that lid instead of the whole pan. You can't really use the lid with water, although some of the reviews say that people do. That make no sense to me. The point of the water is to create humidity. I actually ordered one and instead of getting the lid, I got a box filled with plastic bags. That soured me on the whole deal and I just got my money back. Also, as others have pointed out, there is no way that's anything but a pizza pan you could probably get for way cheaper.

Back