Salmon Burrito Bowl

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
So I took some inspiration from Robert-R's awesome fish tacos, and decided to put together a mexican seafood themed dinner. Not sure why, but burrito bowl popped into my head and I ran with it. I started off with prepping some brown rice, then doctoring up some canned black beans with some onion, jalapeno, cumin and oregano. Let those do their thing while I worked the grill.....

Put on some sweet yellow corn in the husk:

34705055333_b49108c72f_k.jpg

When the corn had about six minutes to go, I put on my salmon filets, and promptly forgot to take any pictures (imagine a couple of filets over the low tier of my 2-tier fire.) :)

There was a flurry of activity as everything was all done at the same time (so much activity that I totally forgot to put the corn in the bowl!) Anyway, here's the assembled salmon burrito bowl:

34705055373_0810067d99_k.jpg

This turned out exactly as I was hoping. Great flavors that came together well, and an incredibly healthy meal.

I had a bit of down time today, so got my main "working" grills in their new home, and even gave them a bit of a bath. Don't they look happy?

35128422250_e1711f5957_k.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Rich

Looks terrific Rich. The black beans sound great paired with that wonderful Sockeye! Grilling area looks more gorgeous every time i see it!

That burrito bowls is to die for. Love the ingredients.

That's a very nice space you have created to do your cooking. That must be very efficient with all the counter space.

We have a "slatted" cover for our patio similar to what you have (2 x 3s on flat) spaced to give 50% shade. It's too hot for me (lots of SoLoCal sun).
I'm going to change things - shoot for 25 - 30% shade & hope that it cools it down a bit. Also need part of it to be rain protected so I can cook during stormy weather.

Thanks, all. This cook turned out really well, and will be on the regular menu (though we may need to substitute the salmon as they aren't running that great here, so the cost is high!)

We have a "slatted" cover for our patio similar to what you have (2 x 3s on flat) spaced to give 50% shade. It's too hot for me (lots of SoLoCal sun).
I'm going to change things - shoot for 25 - 30% shade & hope that it cools it down a bit. Also need part of it to be rain protected so I can cook during stormy weather.

Robert, have you looked into a canvas shade? A friend of ours has a pergola very similar to ours, but they have a retractable shade (like a sideways window shade) that they can unfurl if they need better shade on demand. I decided to see how I like what we have now, and possibly add that as an option later....

Back