Beef Rib question

Dan C. FL

TVWBB Pro
So, I went to the local butcher to get beef ribs. Not having any experience and totally confused by what all I've read online, I asked the butcher for his recommendation for smoking. He came back with a beautiful 5 lbs. package of beef ribs. He had to open a new package for me and asked me how I wanted them cut. I was confused and knew he knew what he was doing, so I said however you would do them. He came back with the ribs already cut apart into individual ribs. I haven't done any ribs individually before. How will it affect my smoking time?

I cook mine with salt and pepper, at 250 until they are prob tender. Most of the time it takes about 6 hours or so. I like them as a slab of 3 or 4 bones. Beside being called short ribs, they are called plate ribs. I love them

I've only ever seen beef short ribs in local grocery stores already cut up. Around here they cut them into individual bones, and then cut each in half. But, if you ask the butcher, he can get a whole rack from the back for you that hasn't been cut yet, and you can cook them that way.

Here's the last ones I did. The meat pulled back funny on these.

1EPhAx5.jpg

89P8m7m.jpg

Back