Funny story

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
So..... ive been a wsm owner for about 12 yrs now and i just absolutely loved it. However ive been really really wanting a kamado joe lately but i couldnt have both!! So after thinking about it for a week or so I decided to list my beloved weber smoky mountain on craigslist. After two days of being listed it sold for $185. When the gentleman was leaving my driveway with my smoker in the back of his car I got a really sick feeling in my stomach and almost felt like a piece of my heart was just ripped out. The next couple of days I started really thinking if I made the right decision ?????? Do i really want a kamodo i mean i have A stainless weber performer that I use all the time and love just as much as my smoker. The kamado would have taken the place of both of these grills I love so much. after lots of thinking and debating I decided to go back on craigslist to see if there were any weber smoky mountains for sale. Low and behold there was a brand-new one in the box a few miles from where I work and you better believe I was there the next day and purchased it for $180 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 And my baby was back. I must say though however I do see where Weber cheapened these things up a little bit in the manufacturing process but they also added some nice features as well !! And the maiden voyage

I have a BGE with a cracked base. I'm not the original owner, so no warranty for me. Instead of buying a new base or a new Egg or KJ, I bought a kettle, 18" WSM, and a rotisserie for the kettle, for about what a new base would cost. No regrets!

I'm curious - how has Weber cheapened them?

The cooking grates are much thinner and the charcoal ring is much cheaper as well it looks to me like they are using lower grade steel that is not as thick

Back