Blackened Rockfish Tacos

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Grilled some pineapple.

PICT5549_zpsy71zbjrj.jpg

Removed the cores & chopped it up. Mixed it with 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 2 tbs lime juice, 2 tbs chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp K salt & 1/4 tsp ground cumin for a salsa.

Made a rub for the rockfish: 1 tbs paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp crumbled Mex oregano, 1 tsp K salt, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper & 1/4 tsp cayenne.
Melted 2 tbs butter on a 400* griddle & blackened the rockfish.

PICT5561_zpstsemacai.jpg

Chunked the fillets.

PICT5569_zpspmov2uvq.jpg

Mixed the fish in with the salsa & it was Time To Eat.

PICT5572_zps9wjeskme.jpg

¡Delicioso!

Recipe from Weber's "New American Barbeque".

We seem to have similar tastes Robert. Wonderful looking rock fish dinner. I remember years back, when I lived in Sonoma County, traveling over to Bodega Bay or up to the coast along Mendocino shoreline, and going rock fishing with my friends. It was some of the most delicious fish I've ever eaten. Don't remember all the varieties we caught but I do remember the Flounder and filleting them in camp and cooking in foil on the campfire coals. Good times.

Got me drooling! And wanting to freezer dive. I think there are some Mahi-Mahi filets in there and this looks like a good dinner to me.

That's a great looking meal, Robert! Think I'll steal the theme a bit for tonight.....I'm thinking burrito bowl with grilled salmon, brown rice and black beans......thanks for the inspiration!

R

MMM, great looking tacos! Need to go get us some fresh lingcod and rockfish soon!

Back