Cover

Kevin L (NKY)

TVWBB Diamond Member
I have a 18.5 WSM and my cover is getting to look shabby, so i go onto Amazon to look at a new cover and no Weber covers for the 18.5, i was hopping to find one of the newer style nylon like covers like i have for my Genny.

Any one seen any for sale?

Personally I don't use one.

Ever.

Can't breathe with it on IMO.

Have to say though I keep mine in the garage.

IF I were to use one, I'd use a black plastic garbage bag. Solely to keep rain/snow off it (so rain doesn't roll off the lid to inside the middle portion).

Last edited:
Thanks Tom. My grills are outside all year on my deck which is quit far from garage or storage shed and it is all gravel so hard to move.

I agree with Kim, I have a Veranda kettle cover 73422 and it fits my Weber 22" Master Touch perfectly, keeps it dry, and is holding up really well.
Sure, it's not black and say Weber on the side, but the quality is much better.
[h=1][/h]

Here's another vote for Classic Accessories covers. I have them on my 18.5 WSM and a 22" kettle and they are very well made and attractive. Mine are from the Ravenna line, only because I liked the color better than the Veranda covers. When the Weber cover on the second kettle finally gets too ratty to tolerate I'll get another Classic Accessories cover.

Last edited:
I actually like the Weber covers. As for longevity, I can't attest as I only started this little Weber fetish about 15 months ago. The Weber cover on my Performer is 15 months old and it is holding up great, it is on an uncovered patio in Houston weather.

I use covers on all my grills and smokers. The newer Weber covers seem to be a better quality than years past. The problem I have with my 18" WSM cover is that it is so darned tight. It takes several minutes to get it on and off, to the point that it is a deterrent to using the 18". It's easier just to fire up the 14 or 22. I recently got a new Weber cover for my Performer and I love this one. It's a snap to put in on and has remained soft and pliable for nearly a year now, even in these extreme climate swings we get up here. I might check out the alternative covers mentioned in this thread however.

I use covers on all my grills and smokers. The newer Weber covers seem to be a better quality than years past. The problem I have with my 18" WSM cover is that it is so darned tight. It takes several minutes to get it on and off, to the point that it is a deterrent to using the 18". It's easier just to fire up the 14 or 22. I recently got a new Weber cover for my Performer and I love this one. It's a snap to put in on and has remained soft and pliable for nearly a year now, even in these extreme climate swings we get up here. I might check out the alternative covers mentioned in this thread however.

I cut the elastic on the bottom of the Weber cover for my 18.5 WSM. Much happier now.

Bought Ravenna covers for my Performer & Genesis 330. Great quality & am very pleased with them. Haven't had them that long, though. I have a feeling they will last a long time. They also come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Cliff being very tight is my problem also, my first coversion for my performer,and S310 grills were not that great, but this last generation I really like soft easy to put on and take off, fold to lay over the deck rail during cooks.
But have not seen one for the 18 WSM.

Back