Smoked Salmon

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Today’s project is to smoke the salmon that I butchered (somewhat literally) yesterday! Using the WSM22 with a snake set up and my new Cyber-Q running things at 180 degrees.

Here’s the snake setup (2/1 stack and one piece of hickory):

34645751544_9f000be38a_k.jpg

Salmon post brine, getting its pellicle on:

34645751144_b10efa1dc7_k.jpg

Salmon on the grill, tried to get the smaller pieces in the middle:

35447344856_2e350d84eb_k.jpg

Here’s the set up with my CyberQ in the new cooking station:

35319615692_b570bb6d20_k.jpg

……and, all done:

34677991593_46d480c22e_k.jpg

A quick taste test says this will be a money batch of salmon, but I find that it needs to cool, and sit for a bit before it hits the full flavor profile. Not a bad start to the day!

Rich

Today’s project is to smoke the salmon that I butchered (somewhat literally) yesterday! Using the WSM22 with a snake set up and my new Cyber-Q running things at 180 degrees. A quick taste test says this will be a money batch of salmon, but I find that it needs to cool, and sit for a bit before it hits the full flavor profile
All my previous experience smoking Salmon requires letting the Salmon "rest" in the fridge for a couple days, as it seems to get bitter when it's first smoked, but the bitterness goes away in a day or two or three

It came out nice, it looks great!

That's going to be so good Rich. Once again, love the new grill area. I'm getting ready to pull the plug for a Cyber Q. I assume you're happy with it. I have a couple of the Digi Q's but I'm a sucker for newer stuff.

That's going to be so good Rich. Once again, love the new grill area. I'm getting ready to pull the plug for a Cyber Q. I assume you're happy with it. I have a couple of the Digi Q's but I'm a sucker for newer stuff.

Thanks, Cliff. Yes, I'm happy with the CyberQ. I've had a Digi-Q for a long time, but it met it's demise when some dummy left it in a rain storm (wonder who that was!) The Cyber-Q is a nice step up, and I really like having the WiFi capability to keep an eye on temps (I tend to cook a bit while I'm working at home, so it's easier to glance at the screen for an update, especially while I'm on conference calls and such.) I found that setting up the access from outside my network was a little tricky, but if you get one and need help, you can let me know. :)

R

That looks mighty tasty Rich. I see you are taking it to the next level with your new outdoor entertaining area. Nicely done!

Access from outside my own network is exactly what I'm after. Can keep an eye on things when I'm in town and make any adjustments from there, instead of making the 80 mph, 12 mile dash back to the house. I'm just a junkie for that kind of stuff.

Access from outside my own network is exactly what I'm after. Can keep an eye on things when I'm in town and make any adjustments from there, instead of making the 80 mph, 12 mile dash back to the house. I'm just a junkie for that kind of stuff.

Well, if you know how to set up a port redirect on your web access router, then you are in good shape. If you don't, and the instructions fail you, then you can call me (19 years of working at Cisco have to be worth something to someone!) :)

R

Wow that Salmon looks great!!!! Awesome color. Makes me want to go out and buy some salmon for the weekend and make some smoked salmon. Great job!!!

Back