Anyone with a Genesis 2 lx have problems with ignition?

Chris in NY

TVWBB Member
Trying to help the build crew out on this one as I'm mainly a service man and these are too new for me to have much experience. We have had several customers now with issues igniting one or more burners. It appears that the gas is almost being pushed out past the beginning of the burner tubes and missing the ignition. It's happened with three or four so far and has been driving people mad. One thought was that the "high plus" that it ignites on is the issue. Looking for input to rectify the situation. They even went so far as to install spacers in an attempt to rectify the problem.. It seems to be most prevalent in the 4 burner models

I don't have an answer for you. I did have that issue once or twice. I ended up shutting the whole thing down turning off the tank and resetting everything, and it worked the next time. I assumed I had an issue either with the gas not turned on all the way or I triggered something in valve that restricted flow.

i had this issue with burner #2 not lighting up after #1 (lefts to right)
if i turn up #1 then lower the flame, #2 lights fine. and the rest follow without issue.

This is interesting, had another customer with a problem recently. The odd part is that if you pull the manifold back slightly, it works fine

Back