Bistec ranchero

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Today's dinner....
I'm missing a few pics from this cook but I can describe it to you guys. So let's do this.

Used the Primo Grill to grill 2 pieces of chuck steak about 1.5 lbs seasoned with salt and pepper only.

Here's a quick grilling video. Hopefully it works.

After the meat is grilled I set aside.
I chop 1 whole onion, split in half 3 jalapeños,chop 4 tomatoes. I added them to my "Dutch oven" with oil and do a quick fry. I chop the meat into strips and mix with my other ingredients. Also add 2 little 8 0z cans of El Pato Hot sauce. And let it be happy for 20 minutes with the lid on. Primo cooking at 450 with lid on.

Here's another quick video with all my ingredients together.

Served with beans.

Thanks for looking
Tony and Maribel

Last edited:
We make a similar version to that and it's always great... Can't ever go wrong using El Plato Sauce, Good stuff.

Today's dinner....

After the meat is grilled I set aside.
I chop 1 whole onion, split in half 3 jalapeños,chop 4 tomatoes. I added them to my "Dutch oven" with oil and do a quick fry. I chop the meat into strips and mix with my other ingredients. Also add 2 little 8 0z cans of El Pato Hot sauce. And let it be happy for 20 minutes with the lid on. Primo cooking at 450 with lid on.
Sounds and looks amazing Tony. Thank you!

Looks and sounds delicious Tony. Love to give that a try. I couldn't view either of your videos. Just takes me to a blank Photobucket page.

That looks great, do you add any other spices to the dutch oven? Cumin, pepper or anything?
I've never heard of El Pato, is that just the tomato sauce, hot Mexican style like this? https://www.walmart.com/ip/El-Pato-Mexican-Hot-Style-Tomato-Sauce-7.75-oz-Pack-of-24/24182640

That's the one.
Just used what I posted. Cumin would be good as well. Maybe a bay leave also.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks and sounds delicious Tony. Love to give that a try. I couldn't view either of your videos. Just takes me to a blank Photobucket page.

I don't know who to fix 😂😂😂

I got all the ingredients yesterday, this will be tonight's dinner. One final question, I grill my chuck steak to a nice medium rare, then boil/simmer, potentially kill it for 20 minutes with everything else?

I got all the ingredients yesterday, this will be tonight's dinner. One final question, I grill my chuck steak to a nice medium rare, then boil/simmer, potentially kill it for 20 minutes with everything else?

I was doing this on the smoker. But if you do it on the stove. Just bring to a boil and that's it. It will be juicy regardless because of the sauce.

Tony, I don't know how you got past step 1. I would've said "screw it" and just eaten those steaks as they were!;)

Back