Used Genesis E-330 (maybe EP-330?)

MJLavorgna

Was looking into buying a new Weber grill this summer, but was disappointed when I saw they changed the style of the Genesis and how it's gotten fairly poor reviews from it's predecessor. Been scouring CL and came across one that looks intriguing:

Roughly 5 year old Genesis E-330 for $250, looks to be in pretty good shape. I would replace the grates and flavorizers with SS ones, so total cost around $450. Only downside is that it's the brick red color and kind of wanted black or silver. Doing a little more research, I think the red color was only offered as the EP-330? Can anyone confirm?

What are your thoughts on the price?

I have a Crimson 2014 EP-330. They also made them in other colors. Mine lives in my garage and has never seen rain. If you're looking at an EP-330 It should have SS grates and flavorizer bars. As far as the price? That's up to you the buyer. If the grill is in great shape and you really like it in person then $250 is fair.

If the grill/cart is rust free and in great shape, it's a steal at $250 around here. IIRC, that model was ~$800-$900 or thereabouts. Be sure to check the bottom of the cart very carefully for any rust. The E was offered in brick red, the EP was offered in Crimson. Can't say that I know the difference :)

Was looking into buying a new Weber grill this summer, but was disappointed when I saw they changed the style of the Genesis and how it's gotten fairly poor reviews from it's predecessor. Been scouring CL and came across one that looks intriguing:

Roughly 5 year old Genesis E-330 for $250, looks to be in pretty good shape. I would replace the grates and flavorizers with SS ones, so total cost around $450. Only downside is that it's the brick red color and kind of wanted black or silver. Doing a little more research, I think the red color was only offered as the EP-330? Can anyone confirm?

What are your thoughts on the price?

Price seems good as long as the cart isn't rusted significantly.

IMHO, as someone who has compromised on some things like color in the past.... if you use it a lot, buying one that you aren't a fan of the color will irk you every time you look at it. Spend the extra money or wait the extra time if needed to get the one in the color that you want.

I just paid $325 for a very clean 2012 E-330 in the Espresso color w/ SS grates and I'm very happy with that price. Closely examine inside the cabinet for rust and watch for the police on your way home with it - if it's clean, that is a steal!

Thanks everyone! Now I need to see if it's still available, seller hasn't responded to any messages since yesterday. Crossing my fingers!

Price seems good as long as the cart isn't rusted significantly.

IMHO, as someone who has compromised on some things like color in the past.... if you use it a lot, buying one that you aren't a fan of the color will irk you every time you look at it. Spend the extra money or wait the extra time if needed to get the one in the color that you want.

I'd quibble just a bit. There's a difference between not getting the color you really prefer and getting a color that you just don't like. On the second hand/used market, it's difficult to be that choosy. For example, I picked up a Green Performer a number of years ago and have used the hell out of it and have been very happy with it. At the time, I really wanted a Blue Performer, and I still do! But, as luck would have it, I haven't seen a Blue Performer on any CL's within 100 miles of me in 3 years.

I'd quibble just a bit. There's a difference between not getting the color you really prefer and getting a color that you just don't like. On the second hand/used market, it's difficult to be that choosy. For example, I picked up a Green Performer a number of years ago and have used the hell out of it and have been very happy with it. At the time, I really wanted a Blue Performer, and I still do! But, as luck would have it, I haven't seen a Blue Performer on any CL's within 100 miles of me in 3 years.

I agree with your distinction if you're chasing a unicorn. However, if he's looking for silver or black... they're out there if you wait.
I was looking at a Summit in Green that I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on, it was the new style and very green.

I agree with your distinction if you're chasing a unicorn. However, if he's looking for silver or black... they're out there if you wait.
I was looking at a Summit in Green that I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on, it was the new style and very green.

The question is how long to wait. Also, you have to take stock of condition of the grill plus the cost. $250 for E-330 in great condition, just not your favorite color ? You jump all over it !! Oh, btw, 2 years from now when your preferred color E series pops up at a decent price, buy it, swap the doors and the lid with the E330 that you've had for the last 2 years then resell :cool:

Thanks guys - still haven't heard back from the seller so not sure if it's gone or not. I see a lot more E-310's out there for sale, is the side burner and sear station worth waiting for? I've heard good things about them, specifically the sear station

Thanks guys - still haven't heard back from the seller so not sure if it's gone or not. I see a lot more E-310's out there for sale, is the side burner and sear station worth waiting for? I've heard good things about them, specifically the sear station

I've heard good things about the sear station. However, they did eliminate it this year, not sure why. I'd personally wait for the 330 over the 310.

Not sure where in CT you are, There is a guy who posted I think in the buy sell board that is on LI, "Chris in NY"(not me) who is a weber tech who has a lot of homeless grills, some that need work some that don't need much. to talk with him if you're in for a drive and a restore. He had a nice 330 in smoke that he was selling, I think that one is gone, but i think he has others.

Price isn't far off actually for what it is. Should have the stainless rod grates which are high dollar from Weber as well as SS FBs. If it's really only a year old, you shouldn't have to replace anything for 3 or 4 years or more, presuming that the bottom of the cart doesn't rust out.

I have the same as posted above ep310 but am on long island. The grill itself (cookbox, burners, ignitors, lid etc have never seen use. It was missing all the bolt on parts so they came from a donor grill. Was damaged display model that everyone scavenged parts from

Back