Brining A Steak Roast?

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member
Is this a good idea, and does anyone do it? We had a New York Strip roast for Sunday, and it was the hit of the dinner, but I was wondering if a mild brine solution with spices & such would make for an even better roast. For what it's worth, I rubbed my roast with Nick Stellino's coffee rub and let it sit refrigerated for 18 hours.

Looks as if one could run my leftover roast through a slicer and make some killer roast beef slices.

Is this a good idea, and does anyone do it? We had a New York Strip roast for Sunday, and it was the hit of the dinner, but I was wondering if a mild brine solution with spices & such would make for an even better roast. For what it's worth, I rubbed my roast with Nick Stellino's coffee rub and let it sit refrigerated for 18 hours. Looks as if one could run my leftover roast through a slicer and make some killer roast beef slices.
I've soaked many a steak and or roast in this stuff, and it's always a huge success

51SbnGL3NIL.jpg

Chuck, is that a rub or a brine solution? We have some Montreal Chicken spice in a large container from Sam's (about gone though).

Chuck, is that a rub or a brine solution? We have some Montreal Chicken spice in a large container from Sam's (about gone though).
Neither :) More like a marinade. But it's amazing. Just add oil, water or red wine (red vinegar works too) I love the stuff, I bet I have 20 envelopes of it at home

I don't suppose Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (a California-made product) would work too? This stuff has something in it called "Mother" that resembles beer in flavor somewhat. After hearing about the benefits of beets, I started pickling them in Bragg's and stevia (diabetes).

I'm not familiar with that stuff, but it sounds kinda healthy....I should be heath concerned, but I haven't yet :)

I'm not familiar with that stuff, but it sounds kinda healthy....I should be heath concerned, but I haven't yet :)

If you like pickled beets, I think you'll like my recipe even better. I hated beets until I pickled my own in Bragg's vinegar. My blood sugar numbers have improved a bit since eating from the recipe too.

Thanks much for the marinate tip!

Neither :) More like a marinade. But it's amazing. Just add oil, water or red wine (red vinegar works too) I love the stuff, I bet I have 20 envelopes of it at home

I marinated two skirt steaks over the weekend with McCormick's Montreal Steak marinate (used red wine vinegar), and the results were phenomenal. I can see myself using this product more often. Very good stuff. :)

Back