Picanha & Pineapple

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Sirloin Cap is fast becoming one of my favorite indulgences - especially when the price is right.

PICT5476_zpspufkej73.jpg

Sliced the meat & gave it a heavy coating of coarse sea salt. Fired up the 18.5 with KPro & 4 big chunks of mesquite. TBS & start the cook.

PICT5482_zpsw4bbzmwr.jpg

Rubbed a pineapple with sugar, cinnamon, cloves & got it going in the 14.5. Sprinkled it several times while cooking.

PICT5488_zpslbudictp.jpg

The Maverick quit communicating with the receiver & i didn't notice it right away. WTH...? checked the temp & the meat was at 135*.
I was shooting for 125*. Sheee... pulled the spit real quick.

PICT5491_zps3qvayoiy.jpg

Grilled some corn while the meat was resting.

PICT5492_zps6sfs8jxw.jpg

PICT5498_zpsdue9sxg5.jpg

Time To Eat.

PICT5499_zpsgy3s3itx.jpg

The picanha was cooked a bit more than we like it, but still good.

PICT5506_zpshozbosai.jpg

Time for some desert.

PICT5511_zps3icb7qa2.jpg

PICT5524_zpskkiwtrtk.jpg

Was happy to be cooking outside. It was 104* today & we don't have ac. Once the sun set it was a pleasant evening.

Last edited:
Was happy to be cooking outside. It was 104*
That has to be a record? It's been hot here too, and where I live it don't cool down much at night, it was 90* at midnight last night :mad:

You're spinning the heck out of eats these days and they all are amazing. Excellent BBQ Robert

That looks delicious. I've never heard of Picanha before. Between this and tri-tip, I'm learning a lot about beef from y'all!

Another masterpiece Robert. Absolutely spectacular plate. We're in our 4th consecutive day of 110. A little hotter here at the house. Don't remember so much consistently hot weather so early into the summer.

Great cook Robert, love that pineapple too. Barb and I are cooking only outside to keep the house as cool as possible.
We are now in our 12th day of 100+ days, it's 10:03 am and it's 101. This is unheard of here in the mountains for this time of the year.
Last year we had four days over 100 for the whole summer!
Phoenix is breaking all kinds of records for heat supposed to hit 118 there today.

Back