Grilled Cod & Asparagus

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
Nathan posted an article about cooking with mayo and I thought I'd try it out on a cod filet. I also borrowed KevinJ's Sriracha asparagus idea.

Mayo and Weber's New Orleans Cajun Seasoning on the fish. EVOO salt and Sriracha on the asparagus.

Got the gus going with some baby bellas.

Just about ready.

Plated.

This was a healthy and tasty meal. The mayo trick really helped the fish not stick to the grill. The Sriracha asparagus is going to be cooked again real soon. Thanks for looking.:cool:

I need to go catch me some Rock Cod and cook it like you did (mayo) that plated picture screams good eats, healthy or not :)

Killer cook Pat, simple and quick and I'm sure tasty. Going to try both of those ideas (mayo & sriracha).

Pat, since you put the cod seasoning over the mayo did the grill heat affect the flavor any? I like the mayo idea but might be inclined to season the fish first and apply the mayo last.

Last edited:
Pat, since you put the cod seasoning over the mayo did the grill heat affect the flavor any? I like the mayo idea but might be inclined to season the fish first and apply the mayo last.

You bring up a great point, I could taste the seasoning, but maybe a little less pronounced. I did this again with a piece of cod and mixed the mayo with Sriracha, I could definitely taste the Sriracha. I think I am going to try your suggestion and season the fish before I put the mayo on.

Back