Tri-Tip Tuesday

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It's awfully hot here in San Jose, the kind of evening when you think about a cold bowl of cereal for dinner instead of firing up the grill. But I had Costco tri-tips in the fridge that either needed to be grilled or frozen, so I broke down and fired-up the Summit gasser. One seasoned with Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ Moola Beef Rub (left) and one seasoned with SusieQ Santa Maria Style Rub (right). Seared for a while then finished indirect to about 135*F internal. Rested for a few minutes then sliced and enjoyed.

I'd give you a taste if you were here. :D

NQruWtX.jpg

rFxx7SN.jpg

Uh, I can be there pretty quick, Chris!! :)

Looks great......I was sure it was Tri Tip Wednesday, though! :)

R

I always think 'Taco Tuesday', but I'm quite happy with this change.

Nicely done, Chris. And I'm enjoying seeing your cooks.

Wow perfectly grilled tri-tip!!! Looks very tasty!!! It's hot in So Cal mtns too, about 94F at 4800ft level, super hot in the city.

How does cereal grill up?

Great looking tri tip! Almost hot enough here that you don't even need to turn the grill on to cook.

I do not care what day it is,I am going to visit Chris house on a hot evening.
Excellant looking Tritips I still have never cooked or seen one of these.

Great to see you posting your cooks Chris. Those TTs look perfect. Heck Barb and I would be glad to hit the west coast but you guys are just as hot as it is here, just nuts.

Living in NJ I hadn't had the opportunity to try a tri tip until last week when I came across one at a butcher not far from me.
I set it in the fridge overnight to dry and then rubbed it and seared it and then let it cook indirectly until 130 degrees.
Let it sit for 15 minutes and the sliced it up. It was good but I think I let my expectations run wild after reading
everyone raving about the cut.

Chris, awesome job just the way we like it. Its 8:50 am and already 98* its going to be hot again.

Back